What's new

AdGuardHome AdGuardHome with unbound illegal repeated keyword dnsmasq.conf port 553

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes but that doesn't mean that you can't or shouldn't use adguard home as a DNS recursor as an option.

To have that built in, I don't see why not? Of they were to lift in. Unbound in under adguard home, what difference would it be to list that as 127.0.0.1 or put some outsiders service to use.

For me as an end user that is one problem less that I have to deal with. And I can do everything within adguard home.

If I was dev chief over there I would order this to be done asap.
To each, their own. This thread is more about addressing a miss configuration than choosing to use unbound or not to use it. If you need to know the "difference" it is listed in the previous post. It is up to the "informed" user to decide on how they choose to run their setup, but also keep regard to miss-configurations as this happens quite often and users wind up here asking for assistance. I personally recommend users to install things on their own using their own means and methods. This allows for a fully customized tailorable experience for the user and generally skips breaking things when using different developers packages inappropriately with one another.