What's new

Advanced Settings - Options Disappeared

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zedoz

Occasional Visitor
Hi

I think it happened in the version before 386._12.4, most of the advanced settings menu items have disappeared.

All that is showing is "System Log" and "Network Tools".

I tried to restore to earlier firmware version but it made no difference.

Is there anyway of restoring the full advanced settings menu/options

I want to avoid doing a factory reset if i can

Thanks very much

Which router do you have? Do you have any scripts installed? USB disc?
I know you don't want to, but a factory reset will likely be the only option here.

How is the router configured? For Wireless Router mode or for one of the other modes like AP.

Hello

Thanks for replying

Im using the RT-AC88U.

Its set to "Wireless router". I thought mode might be the cause but I hadnt changed this setting ever

no USB, no scripts.

More or less out of the box and firmware updates installed
It sounds like it's in a totally unstable condition.
Definitely a factory reset. Sorry.

If i do a facory reset how do i do it on the router as the option doesnt appear in the settings

Thanks

Unplug the router. Hold the "WPS" button in while applying power, until the power light goes off. Release the button. Turn off, wait a few seconds and turn on again.

Unplug the router. Hold the "WPS" button in while applying power, until the power light goes off. Release the button. Turn off, wait a few seconds and turn on again.
Thanks

This should restore to out of the box menu/original menu?

Im worried as I might not get back the option showing to upload a saved cfg or enter the essential settings, as the firmware restore didnt work, or maybe I should leave it?

Thanks

This should restore to out of the box menu/original menu?

Im worried as I might not get back the option showing to upload a saved cfg or enter the essential settings, as the firmware restore didnt work, or maybe I should leave it?
When did you save the config? If it was shortly after initial setup it should be fine.
Factory reset is just that, except you'll still have the merlin firmware.
With things as bad as they are the factory reset is highly recommended. You could try the recessed reset button first though, then if it all falls apart again you'll still have the factory reset.

If i do a facory reset how do i do it on the router as the option doesnt appear in the settings

Thanks
Hard factory reset on the RT-AC68U is explained here (firmware version doesn't change):

1. Turn the router off.
2. Press and hold the "WPS" button and turn the router on.
3. Power light is on (keep holding the WPS button).
4. Release the WPS button after the power LED light starts flashing.
5. Power light stops flashing and the router will automatically reboot.

I want to avoid doing a factory reset if i can

Did you try with a different device/browser or reloading the GUI page with Ctrl + F5?

What you described was a hard factory reset, not a factory reset.
My grammar stands corrected. I'm so sorry. Thank you so much for correctng me.

Sorry re above, are u refering to button at the back of the router where u have to use a paperclip to reset?
Yes

Why you guys are rushing someone to reset their router before making sure the issue is not browser related?

It's not a case of being pedantic about grammar, it's about using the same terminology that Asus does. Otherwise new users get confused when they read conflicting information from other users or in the official Asus documentation.
While that would be great, we're trying to help people who don't use those terms. If we all wanted to be precise in terminology (linguistics, semantics) we'd all be calling them router/switch/APs instead of just "routers".
This is happening too much. Too many times I've seen new members corrected by the grammar police (armed with their asus dictionaries). it's about time it stopped.
@thiggins I apologise.

Just to let you know I got hold of my neighbour's laptop to test, and I get the full menu in advanced settings

At least its not the router thank god

Not sure why this PC is showing different