What's new

Advice for Network at House

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

For your own WIFI networks, change channels to whatever has the most open airspace on it, even if it's 'illegal'. The other thing to do will be to max out the power on yours to drown out your neighbors. :D

For your own WIFI networks, change channels to whatever has the most open airspace on it, even if it's 'illegal'. The other thing to do will be to max out the power on yours to drown out your neighbors. :D

that's silly advise.

I forgot, as far as bandwidth goes, we have 100mbps down and 5 mbps up cable through Charter. I wish I could have something better, but I don't want to pay for any business class stuff, and the only other internet is DSL at 10mbps down and 2mbps up.

Be happy! My best choice for ISP is Time Warner and that's $45/mo for just 15 down and 1 up! Faster is too much more $$$

I forgot, as far as bandwidth goes, we have 100mbps down and 5 mbps up cable through Charter. I wish I could have something better, but I don't want to pay for any business class stuff, and the only other internet is DSL at 10mbps down and 2mbps up.
That's pretty healthy on the download side. If you're not doing too much uploading, the 5 shouldn't get maxed out too often.