What's new

Aimesh disconnects based of Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yeppeyump

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I have three A92U, two wireless nodes. One of the nodes disconnetcts frequently, based of firmware. It not far away from main unit, and has "Great" connection as long as it works.

ASUS RT-AX92U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_23630 - Node drops connectiont, mostly get back on track after a while (10-30 min).
ASUS RT-AX92U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22525 - Node drops connectiont, normaly only get connection again after reboot.
ASUS RT-AX92U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.46061 - Node works perfect, no losses at all.

Or is there some setting i should try or what can be the problem?

Get all your devices on the most current firmware version. Use default WIFI settings except set 5 GHz to 80 MHz. Do not use DFS channels.

Hi,

I have three A92U, two wireless nodes. One of the nodes disconnetcts frequently, based of firmware. It not far away from main unit, and has "Great" connection as long as it works.

ASUS RT-AX92U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_23630 - Node drops connectiont, mostly get back on track after a while (10-30 min).
ASUS RT-AX92U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22525 - Node drops connectiont, normaly only get connection again after reboot.
ASUS RT-AX92U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.46061 - Node works perfect, no losses at all.

Or is there some setting i should try or what can be the problem?

The answer seems obvious?

The firmware should match across all aimesh devices, master and nodes. You definitely should not be mixing 386 and 388.

The answer seems obvious?

The firmware should match across all aimesh devices, master and nodes. You definitely should not be mixing 386 and 388.
If all units runs 388 I have problem.

If one unit (the concerned unit) runs 386 and the others 388 everything works fine.

If all units runs 388 I have problem.

If one unit (the concerned unit) runs 386 and the others 388 everything works fine.
But you said "One of the nodes disconnetcts frequently,"

Current firmware for the AX92U is: 3.0.0.4.388_23630. Suggest you upgrade the factory reset everything and start over. Upu may be surprised that it works better. Your issue may not be related to firmware but something else in your environment.

But you said "One of the nodes disconnetcts frequently,"

Current firmware for the AX92U is: 3.0.0.4.388_23630. Suggest you upgrade the factory reset everything and start over. Upu may be surprised that it works better. Your issue may not be related to firmware but something else in your environment.

Agreed, the nodes at the very least have to be factory reset and re-joined after upgrading firmware. But makes sense to just do the whole environment. Aimesh is even more sensitive to having everything clean than a standalone.

I have mixed 3.0.0.4 (node) and 3.0.0.6 (router) with non problem (wired backhaul).
In the past I have mixed a Asus Lyra with 384 working with 386 router
Probably is better to not mix AiMesh 1 with AiMesh 2
Asus herself reccomends user to stay up to date with firmwares (is impossible to have the same in all the constellation of devices)

I have mixed 3.0.0.4 (node) and 3.0.0.6 (router) with non problem (wired backhaul).
In the past I have mixed a Asus Lyra with 384 working with 386 router
Probably is better to not mix AiMesh 1 with AiMesh 2
Asus herself reccomends user to stay up to date with firmwares (is impossible to have the same in all the constellation of devices)

Whenever possible you need them to match as closely as possible or risk issues. Mixing major versions is not recommended and may cause problems like OP is seeing.

Basically "mix at your own risk".

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!