What's new

AiMesh node: Unable to connect to the Parent AP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

achanwl

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

I have just started using aimesh, before was just manual setup main router + few APs, but tired of maintaining multiple devices individually, and want to take advantage of the centralized management. I have rt-ac86u as the aimesh router, with a few aimesh nodes like rt-ac68w/rt-ac1900/rt-ac88u.

They are running the latest 384.14_2 firmware. Everything seems to work as it should be in AiMesh mode between the router/nodes as far as I know.

But the only one thing that does not work, is that I can't connect to the aimesh node's webgui interface at all anymore.

When I point the browser to the hostname/ip of the aimesh node, it says "Detecting AiMesh router...", then says "Unable to connect to the Parent AP.", and suggests me to "Ensure that your AiMesh router has been powered on." & "Reboot your AiMesh router and try again."

Of course the aimesh router is on, or else, the aimesh mode wouldn't work. And on the aimesh router webgui, when clicking on the AiMesh Node under Network Map, it works fine. I can see my aimesh nodes and the clients attached to it. So the router can talk to the nodes as far as I can tell.

I tried rebooting. But obviously that doesn't work.

Anyone has any clues why I can't get to the nodes' webgui at all?

Or is it not supposed to work anymore? That, the aimesh node just redirects you back to the aimesh router, and somehow not getting the redirection right?

Is there some settings preventing me to access that? Would anything to do with that I have ddns enabled with letsencrypt on the aimesh router?

Thanks.

-Alan

You are not supposed to be able to get on the nodes UI.

Why do you want to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I may do is to reboot the node. That's about it. And I don't see that you can reboot the aimesh nodes via the aimesh router interface.

You can reboot nodes via the mobile app or via SSH (enable SSH on the main router and it also does on the nodes).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I have just started using aimesh, before was just manual setup main router + few APs, but tired of maintaining multiple devices individually, and want to take advantage of the centralized management. I have rt-ac86u as the aimesh router, with a few aimesh nodes like rt-ac68w/rt-ac1900/rt-ac88u.

They are running the latest 384.14_2 firmware. Everything seems to work as it should be in AiMesh mode between the router/nodes as far as I know.

But the only one thing that does not work, is that I can't connect to the aimesh node's webgui interface at all anymore.

When I point the browser to the hostname/ip of the aimesh node, it says "Detecting AiMesh router...", then says "Unable to connect to the Parent AP.", and suggests me to "Ensure that your AiMesh router has been powered on." & "Reboot your AiMesh router and try again."

Of course the aimesh router is on, or else, the aimesh mode wouldn't work. And on the aimesh router webgui, when clicking on the AiMesh Node under Network Map, it works fine. I can see my aimesh nodes and the clients attached to it. So the router can talk to the nodes as far as I can tell.

I tried rebooting. But obviously that doesn't work.

Anyone has any clues why I can't get to the nodes' webgui at all?

Or is it not supposed to work anymore? That, the aimesh node just redirects you back to the aimesh router, and somehow not getting the redirection right?

Is there some settings preventing me to access that? Would anything to do with that I have ddns enabled with letsencrypt on the aimesh router?

Thanks.

-Alan

The same situation RT-AX88U + RT-AC66U B1, 384.15 on both routers. Can't access Web UI on AiMesh node RT-AC66U B1

That is correct and I'm assuming by design. No GUI access of nodes except when updating firmware for each node.