What's new

Solved AIMesh support for Guest Network on Nodes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

webreaper

Occasional Visitor
Hi all, I've got an AIMesh network set up with an AC86U as the root, and then two AC68Us as nodes. I noticed today that I can't access the guest network unless I'm in range of the root node - it seems it's not being replicated on the nodes.

I had a quick google, and see that Asus added the functionality to "Sync to AiMesh Node", so I thought I'd just enable that. But the option doesn't appear to be there for my nodes.

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 08.22.04.png
Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 08.22.23.png

Is this feature not available on Merlin? Or is it something new (I'm on v386.9 for all 3 nodes at the moment). I can't see any mention of this feature in the release notes/changelog.

Actually, never mind. I just realised it's because I have two guest networks, and that option is only available on the primary guest network.... Solved!

Actually, never mind. I just realised it's because I have two guest networks, and that option is only available on the primary guest network.... Solved!
Hi, my setup is an RT-AX88U as the main router, 1 RT-AX86U, and 1 RT-AX86U Pro as nodes. I only have 1 guest network but cannot connect to the guest network on any node.

Is there anything else you've found that may help?