What's new

AiProtection-Time Scheduling

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jasonchewy

New Around Here
Merlin 384.6
AC68U

Can someone confirm this, but it seems this only blocks internet connections. I would need this to also block LAN traffic. Similar to as if I'm physically pulling the network cable.

I'm using this to block kids from watching stuff when they should be sleeping.
This works well for internet sourced stuff, but I also have stuff on my NAS.

Any suggestion? TIA

Nothing like that that I'm aware of.

Are the kids using a Guest network? You may need to upgrade your firmware to use the time-based features there.

Adding onto an existing thread. ASUS Merlin firmware seem to have a Time Scheduling option that I'm not seeing in standard ASUS firmwares. I can't find any information on the difference in behavior between "Disable", "Time", and "Block". When I select each option, there is no subsequent difference in how the Time Scheduling options behave. Can someone point me to what these options do?

Merlin time scheduling options.png

Adding onto an existing thread. ASUS Merlin firmware seem to have a Time Scheduling option that I'm not seeing in standard ASUS firmwares. I can't find any information on the difference in behavior between "Disable", "Time", and "Block". When I select each option, there is no subsequent difference in how the Time Scheduling options behave. Can someone point me to what these options do?

View attachment 18140

I had to think about it for a bit! :)

Disable = Disables any time-based restrictions added for the client.

Time = Uses the time-based restrictions for the client.

Block = Blocks the client immediately, regardless of the set time-based restrictions configured.

I had to think about it for a bit! :)

Disable = Disables any time-based restrictions added for the client.

Time = Uses the time-based restrictions for the client.

Block = Blocks the client immediately, regardless of the set time-based restrictions configured.

Thanks. Makes sense.