What's new

Airplay issues with 3.0.0.4.x

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Spec Ops

New Around Here
I have the router as an AP in my home network. Up until a month ago I was on 1.0.1.8n and everything worked beautifully. I then downloaded the 3.0.0.4.334 and then 342 firmware version and except for Airplay everything else works fine. I am having a hard time getting my Apple TV to Airplay with this latest firmware updates.

Whenever I wake up my Apple TV from sleep, it seems that the Asus router has forgotten that it is on the network, the Apple TV is connected to the internet and all, it even shows my Wifi network as being connected, it is just that the ASUS router seems to think it is not on the same LAN. If I toggle Airplay off and on on the Apple TV, it gets back to doing Airplay. But it is a pain everytime to do that.

This has started happening just with the new set of firmwares. What would be you guys' opinion? Should I just downgrade back to 1.0.1.8n or is there any other setting which I can tinker with?

Do you have IGMP Snooping disabled? Supposedly it corrupts "bonjour" or appletalk packets. Until they provided the option in 3.x I was unable to get my airprint to work longer than a few hours.

Go into Wireless, professional and disable "IGMP Snooping" for whatever radios you have enabled. It should resolve your Apple issues.

When I upgraded from 1.0.1.8n to the latest firmware the IGMP snooping got disabled by default. After reading in a couple of places, I actually enable IGMP snooping and so far Airplay is working! Surprising but true!

Having a lot of issues with Apple TV as well. Airplay is spotty and the connectivity to my shared library (WHS w/ itunes 11.02) is terrible. I usually have to restart my ATV every time I want to connect to the shared library. It always says it can't find it, then restart ATV, and then it is fine. If I leave the ATV, go to something like Netflix, then try the library again I often have to restart the ATV again. REALLY annoying. I have tried IGMP enabled and disabled, but it doesn't seem to help much either way. I suppose I'll keep waiting for newer firmwares to one day fix this, but I am starting to give up on the rt-n56u.

Just wanted to mention I had a hell of a time getting my appletv working properly, also trying to get Wi-Fi sync working with my iphone/mac.

Asus stock firmware had wifi snooping off by default and from what I read that was the right setting but it wasn't working for me. I would turn it on, then my iphone would perform a wifi sync but it would soon after stop detecting my iphone and appletv again. (appletv would skip, stutter etc).

I installed padavans firmware, it had wifi snooping on by default, I turned it off and viola, all my devices are talking to each other!

Hope this helps others.

Having a lot of issues with Apple TV as well. Airplay is spotty and the connectivity to my shared library (WHS w/ itunes 11.02) is terrible. I usually have to restart my ATV every time I want to connect to the shared library. It always says it can't find it, then restart ATV, and then it is fine. If I leave the ATV, go to something like Netflix, then try the library again I often have to restart the ATV again. REALLY annoying. I have tried IGMP enabled and disabled, but it doesn't seem to help much either way. I suppose I'll keep waiting for newer firmwares to one day fix this, but I am starting to give up on the rt-n56u.

i have the same problems with my rt-n56u and airplay. After turning the apple tv on, airplay is working for a while. And then it stops and i don't know why.

Another problem is, that the wifi is not working für my iPad or iPhone sometimes for a short moment.

I'm using the 5GHz network. IGMP Snooping ist disabled. Any suggestions?