What's new

Airport Extreme or Asus N66U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

booyah

New Around Here
Currently have an Linksys WRT54GX2 that's on its way out. Looking at the Apple Airport Extreme and Asus N66U. Which one has the best range and stability? I'm also looking for a NAS that would work with Time Machine and that it's compatible with either router. Most I would spend for a NAS is $400.

over 200 views and no replies? anyways, decided on getting either Synology DS212 or the 212j. so I'm still debating whether to get the Apple or the Asus. anybody know which one is better?

Apple Gen 5 is a ....

Good router, very stable and very easy to set up. If you are a person that likes to just plug it in and forget about it this router is for you. It's also very stable. Apple's customer service is also top rated. The Asus is also a very good router. It does have higher throughput than the AE5 and it is very customizable. If you are a person that likes to tinker with the router settings the Asus is the one to go with.

I hope this helps to some extent. If I were you I would look at the reviews on SNB and Amazon for each of these routers. Both routers will provide enough throughput than you'll need. Good luck.

Both are good - the APX v5 is solid and fast... the ASUS is good HW, but the SW is still maturing...