What's new

amtm amtm 4.5.1 - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu, April 28, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It means the selected Entware server is not responding.
You can safely force update amtm with the uu command.

And then check Entware Server availability in ep, 3.

I used the uu command to force amtm to update to v4.1. Then I updated Diversion to v5.0 using SSH commands as instructed. I noticed that uiDivStats is disabled, as you said it would be, but now Skynet is no longer showing me statistics in the ASUS GUI. Is Skynet v7.4.6 also not compatible with Diversion v5.0, or do I have a different problem?

I used the uu command to force amtm to update to v4.1. Then I updated Diversion to v5.0 using SSH commands as instructed. I noticed that uiDivStats is disabled, as you said it would be, but now Skynet is no longer showing me statistics in the ASUS GUI. Is Skynet v7.4.6 also not compatible with Diversion v5.0, or do I have a different problem?
I’m not aware of any compatibility problems. Try reinstalling Skynet. Probably unrelated to the updates.

No issues to report...

1704146813815.png

Also, Keep sharing screenshots like you have been with any errors you find. It quickly aissists other users to either help you, or gives @thelonelycoder a hint to what maybe actually causing the problem. The skynet issue may be related to a prior issue pointed out by @dave14305 in another thread whereby skynet's gui statistics does not use "flock" to control when it is accessing the GUI unlike other addons.

I had to force re-install Skynet. My problem was unrelated to the update because my Skynet problems happened while I was out of town before I could update Diversion or amtm. I hoped updating them would fix the problem; however, it didn't. When I used the command line to install it, the issues disappeared.
1704308096081.png

I had to force re-install Skynet. My problem was unrelated to the update because my Skynet problems happened while I was out of town before I could update Diversion or amtm. I hoped updating them would fix the problem; however, it didn't. When I used the command line to install it, the issues disappeared. View attachment 55269

After uninstalling and reinstalling Skynet a couple of times, the Skynet statistics tab in Asus-Merlin started working again.

I have an odd problem when checking for updates in amtm. When checking with 'u' for updates the process always gets stuck at the Entware packages. The only way to get it to move along is by opening a browser tab on my desktop that links to the Entware packages page (https://bin.entware.net/aarch64-k3.10/Packages.html). As soon as the page loads amtm checks all the installed packages for updates and then completes the process. What could be the cause of this behavior?

amtm 4.2 is now available

What's new in amtm 4.2

- Creates shared-amtm-whitelist automatifcally when Diversion is not installed. Skynet auto-includes list.
- Removed support for deprecated scripts FreshJR_QOS (Adaptive QOS) and nsrum (NVRAM Save/Restore Utility).
- Removed incorrect trailing OR command (||) that preventend removing the entware folder when uninstalling Entware.
- Format disk now uses full path to routers mke2fs, preventing accidental usage of incompatible Entware version. Thanks to @ColinTaylor for reporting.
- Checks if selected Entware server resolves during install and update checks, auto switches server if one fails.
- Added extra check for correct post-mount file entry.
- Now automatically uses entware-backports-mirror (maurerr.github.io) for new installs on old MIPS based routers.
- Removed now obsolete pixelserv-tls references during Entware actions.
- The non-firmware amtm version now adds 'legacy' to the header.
- A few other fixes that are hardly worth mentioning.

Last edited:
amtm 4.2 is now available

What's new in amtm 4.2

- Creates shared-amtm-whitelist automatifcally when Diversion is not installed. Skynet auto-includes list.
- Removed support for deprecated scripts FreshJR_QOS (Adaptive QOS) and nsrum (NVRAM Save/Restore Utility).
- Removed incorrect trailing OR command (||) that preventend removing the entware folder when uninstalling Entware.
- Format disk now uses full path to routers mke2fs, preventing accidental usage of incompatible Entware version. Thanks to @ColinTaylor for reporting.
- Checks if selected Entware server resolves during install and update checks, auto switches server if one fails.
- Added extra check for correct post-mount file entry.
- Now automatically uses entware-backports-mirror (maurerr.github.io) for new installs on old MIPS based routers.
- Removed now obsolete pixelserv-tls references during Entware actions.
- The non-firmware amtm version now adds 'legacy' to the header.
- A few other fixes that are hardly worth mentioning.
Just updated and all seem OK for the used scripts.

Thanks.

Successfully updated nine (9) remote routers via VPN/ssh on phone, but I cannot update my local one due to ISP outage. Internet here went out at 00:44, apparently due to weather. Initial estimate to restore service was 03:00, changed to 5:00 at 02:36, changed to 07:30 at 5:04, and now (at 14:30) they're not even offering ETA (last update at 11:43). Thank you, once again, Spectrum in Upstate NY! (BTW, customer service rep offered to call me once service is restored!?! As if I won't be able to figure that out on my own... 🤔)

Thanks, @thelonelycoder, for your continued extermination services to kill even the smallest bugs.

(NOTE: ISP BACK ONLINE AT 14:47. I'M STILL WAITING FOR THAT CALLBACK TO LET ME KNOW THAT INTERNET HAS BEEN RESTORED! :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
did the update from 4.1 to 4.2 and now spdmerlin is not showing up opening putty ssh connnection amtm menu gives a entware sleeping
how come entware is suddendly gone ?

1705240715300.png

no ep option anywhere to be seen to manage entware packages ?

Attachments

• 1705240568201.png
    1705240568201.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 15
did the update from 4.1 to 4.2 and now spdmerlin is not showing up opening putty ssh connnection amtm menu gives a entware sleeping
Possibly a failing USB drive.

View attachment 55506

no ep option anywhere to be seen to manage entware packages ?
amtm is basically a tool that looks what‘s there every time it is opened. It checks each script location and will show if present. Your Entware installation is not mounted. Try a reboot with the disk check installed. The dc is a must have when a disk is attached. It gets checked when rebooting.

Sounds like an early warning for an upgrade to a usb ssd.

Sounds like an early warning for an upgrade to a usb ssd.
i cannot find the ssd anymore must have given it to someone for their pc
i now ordered this usb 3.0 fast usb stick
Samsung 256 GB Bar Plus Titan Grey USB Drive 400MB/s
overkill but it was fairly cheap

i now also installed the disk check by using the command dc
it wasnt installed by default

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!