What's new

Solved Skynet running slow with install/update issues from AMTM?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

John Fitzgerald

Very Senior Member
@dave14305 , @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow :

On my AX58U,

Code:
Mar 21 07:58:47 Skynet: [*] Updating chartjs-plugin-zoom.js Failed
Mar 21 07:59:02 Skynet: [*] Updating hammerjs.js Failed

Even on a fresh reformat of USB and a reload, errors continue.
Skynet reinstall fail 03.20.2024.JPGSkynet Fail #2 Fresh Reload USB 03.20.2024.JPGhammerjs fail 03.20.2024.JPG

Last edited:
Time to test with an SSD in an external enclosure.

Time to test with an SSD in an external enclosure.
@Adamm

Well, it still fails on a SSD.
Skynet Fail On SSD 03.21.2024.JPG

I did a low level format of the USB and tried that first. Every time Skynet has an issue. It was all running fine last week. I had even been trying the new Alpha build. I rolled back to 388.5 firmware as well, and that is where it is now with Diversion and the Large BlockList. This runs well as it is but once you add Skynet is performs slowww.

Something is off. I wiped JFFS and tried many other combinations.

Skynet SSD Format 03.21.2024.JPG

Hmmm, are you importing a saved backup file?

Are you plugging in the previously used drive before formatting it on a PC to NTFS?

Hmmm, are you importing a saved backup file?

Are you plugging in the previously used drive before formatting it on a PC to NTFS?

So, what solved this was a Factory Reset with wipe of JFFS and starting from scratch (no backup).
Using 388.6_2 now. (I was using this before going to Alpha build and then trying rollbacks due to the Skynet problem.)

I'm back to using the USB drive (also wiped again (3x now) in addition to the LLFormat) for this secondary system.
This was not a drive failure. And this was not a corrupt drive failure either.
The SSD I think I will use for the primary system. You could see and feel the speed difference. This was not unexpected as it's a higher class of hardware. I had an Ubuntu Installation on the SSD for diagnostic purposes and file recovery. (This is now removed.)
The primary system still functions fine on the USB.

I'm wondering if the Alpha build which was deployed on Monday caused the bad interaction. Like I said it was rock solid last week.
Logs were showing Dnsmasq errors with the bad interaction with Skynet.
This is not the first time that I've had a bad result with an Alpha corrupting something. But that's my best guess as to why this happened. Rolling back to 388.6_2 or 388.5 didn't fix anything. A rollback to 388.5 then a JFFS wipe didn't work either.
Loading the external drive in different sequences and reboots didn't work.

Thanks.

This would be useful to review.

Sorry, I should have saved the logs but I didn't. But it was getting slammed with the error.

Thanks.

@dave14305 , an update,

If I go to this tab:
WAN DNS QUAD9 and Skynet Problem.JPG

and assign "privacy respecting" Quad9, problems start again. It has been using this for 2+ years, so I think something has changed???

While watching my logs, Skynet was taking its time to load (very slow).

It's on default now, from my ISP and Skynet is quick to load.

Don't know what to make of this.

@dave14305 , an update,

If I go to this tab:
View attachment 57365

and assign "privacy respecting" Quad9, problems start again. It has been using this for 2+ years, so I think something has changed???

While watching my logs, Skynet was taking its time to load (very slow).

It's on default now, from my ISP and Skynet is quick to load.

Don't know what to make of this.
I was using Quad9 (.11) until Tuesday night when it started flaking out. I switched to ISP DNS and all has been fine since. This was on OpenWrt since my Asus router is still out for repair.

I was using Quad9 (.11) until Tuesday night when it started flaking out. I switched to ISP DNS and all has been fine since. This was on OpenWrt since my Asus router is still out for repair.
SAME, .11:
Last week I was having browser issues in FF with Q9 Privacy Settings Custom, I switched to CloudFlare and that fixed that.

Skynet Q9 problem 03.22.2024.JPG

Above currently, but unsure if I should remove Q9 for now?
Maybe this is all a Q9 issue?

Thanks