What's new

... and another FW update: Version 3.0.0.4.374.168

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WeekendWarrior

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

As just discovered this evening in the Netherlands; yes, another FW-update
========================================================
ASUS RT-N66U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.374.168
Fixed:
1. Reduced the redundant packets when used 3G/4G dongle as WAN and opened web browser.
2. Fixed the traffic monitor related issues when used 3G/4G dongle as WAN,
3. Fixed client duplicated issue in network map
4. removed modem setting button in AP mode
5. Fixed IE related parental control issue.
6. Disabled the Broadcom ACSD service to prevent buffer overflow vulnerabilities.

Added:
1. Unmount all disks with 1-click

3G/4G dongles:
1. Support Huawei EC306

>> 2013.08.07 update

Don't look like there ever going to fix the 5 Ghz problem. No way im going to bother with it. And I still don't see it on there support site just the two that was released yesterday.

Be advised this update does NOT fix the 5 Ghz adapter issues most people have. So not really worth updating to it not really sure why they keep releasing firmware that is broke.

Be advised this update does NOT fix the 5 Ghz adapter issues most people have. So not really worth updating to it not really sure why they keep releasing firmware that is broke.

Because this was an "emergency" security fix related to ACSD. The other changes simply happen to have been things they had done between 372 and 374.

So whats the real deal Merlin you know this stuff better then most ? Is this firmware something we all need because of the issue you mentioned ? Can you confirm this does not address the 5 Ghz adapter problems ? As always thanks !!

I understand it does not effect everyone but it sure effects me and many others I have read about. Why cant they do like Merlin does and release a firmware with the fixes and use the old drivers that work for everyone. :confused:

Im glad that works for you but for me it makes the 5G band useless. :mad:

Agreed. Any of the recent 3.0.0.4.3xx firmware releases break operation with 5GHz, even with the Asus USB-N66 adapter. :mad:

Why cant they do like Merlin does and release a firmware with the fixes and use the old drivers that work for everyone. :confused:

Probably because what I did is, quite frankly, a hack. It might not be working 100% reliably and have various other side-effects. That might be fine for a personal project, but not something a major company is allowed to do.

So whats the real deal Merlin you know this stuff better then most ? Is this firmware something we all need because of the issue you mentioned ? Can you confirm this does not address the 5 Ghz adapter problems ? As always thanks !!

The ACSD vulnerability is only exploitable from the LAN. So it's up to you to decide if that's critical enough or not.

No idea about 5 GHz band, I don't really have time to plug back the RT-N66U and flash it to test it. I'm sure there will be quite a few users who will test it and report their results.

The ACSD vulnerability is only exploitable from the LAN. So it's up to you to decide if that's critical enough or not.

No idea about 5 GHz band, I don't really have time to plug back the RT-N66U and flash it to test it. I'm sure there will be quite a few users who will test it and report their results.

any chance you can do a release based on this and the current 5ghz drivers ?

would like this with your features if possible :)

any chance you can do a release based on this and the current 5ghz drivers ?

would like this with your features if possible :)

The current wireless driver is broken. I'm not releasing anything based on it until Asus fixes it.

This version works with my 5GHz band. I'm using the intel 6235 card.
the previous 372 version would not even stay connected.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!