What's new

Anyone know about Cisco Valet Plus Router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jraynorlxx

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
I was going through my local Staples yesterday and encountered some new wireless home router and dongle products from Cisco (not linksys) called Valet (or Valet plus). The looking of these routers are very similar to linksys ones but the color is largely different since they are white instead of black and blue. There is no specification on the box except for a WIFI bgn certification logo, so there is no way to tell what kind of hardware is inside the box. Tried to search around for some info of these Valets with no luck. Anyone know these products and how do they perform? Are they just some debranded Linksys(since the looking is very similar except for the color) or some totally new design? The Valet router is about $100 and the Valet Plus is about $150 btw.

The upcoming Linksys M10 and M20 routers are white, but "Valet" wasn't referenced in the FCC documentation.

The Valet routers are claimed to be for mainstream customers while the new E series of Linksys will be for the more experienced users.

Its weird how the Stales near you has them out already. They weren't supposed to be on the shelves until March 28th.

Also there isn't too much information on them because Cisco is doing a "silent" release.

Source: I work for staples

Where are you located?

A small town in Ohio.

Went to check the boxes again yesterday. The Valet is the M10 and the ValetPlus is the M20. However, nothing tells the difference between both except for the $50 on price tag and these model numbers.

Last edited:
Both are single-band routers. The M20 differentiates itself with a gigabit switch.

FCC Documentation:
M10
M20

Last edited: