What's new

Apply nvram changes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brad9991

New Around Here
I want to be able to dynamically enable/disable my port forwarding rules via SSH. I have determined that the nvram setting that needs modified in order to do this is "vts_enable_x". When I change its value I'm able to see in the UI that the port forwarding enabled setting changes from "yes" to "no".

However, when I actually try to use the port forwarding I can tell that this is only changing the setting value, but the change isn't actually taking affect. When I change the nvram setting and then hit "Apply" in the UI the change takes affect. What do I need to run via SSH to mimic the "Apply" functionality in the UI?

I greatly appreciate your help!

@john9527 Is this applicable if I want to modify the vts_rulelist entry manually? That's the entry that stores the port forwarding details.

@john9527 Is this applicable if I want to modify the vts_rulelist entry manually? That's the entry that stores the port forwarding details.
Yes, should be the same set of commands.

Just as a reminder...the rulelist contains < and > as field separators, so when you change it manually you need to enclose the new rulelist string in double quotes in the nvram set command.

Yes, should be the same set of commands.

Just as a reminder...the rulelist contains < and > as field separators, so when you change it manually you need to enclose the new rulelist string in double quotes in the nvram set command.
Nice. Thank you for the warning about the double quotes by the way. That would probably have been one of those stupid things that I would have taken forever to figure out on my own even though it's pretty obvious whenever someone else points it out.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!