What's new

Arris SB8200 or S33?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lee MacMillan

I'm going to up my internet speed from 400 to 800 which means I need to replace my Docsis 3.0 modem (Arris SB6183) with a 3.1 version. I've always used Arris (and Motorola before that) and never had an issue so I'm going to stick with the brand. I don't envision ever needing more than a 1Gbit connection. Any compelling reasons to pick an SB8200 over an S33 or vice versa? The S33 is $43 more but that's not a concern. Main usage is web surfing. The only time I really take advantage of higher speeds is Windows updates. It will be connected to my AX86U and my desktop connection is wired but all others are wifi. I probably don't even need the higher speed but it's only 12% over what I'm currently paying for double the speed so why not?

Last edited:
I'm going to up my internet speed from 400 to 800 which means I need to replace my Docsis 3.0 modem (Arris SB6183) with a 3.1 version. I've always used Arris (and Motorola before that) and never had an issue so I'm going to stick with the brand. I don't envision ever needing more than a 1Gbit connection. Any compelling reasons to pick an SB8200 over an S33 or vice versa? The S33 is $43 more but that's not a concern. Main usage is web surfing. The only time I really take advantage of higher speeds is Windows updates. It will be connected to my AX86U and my desktop connection is wired but all others are wifi. I probably don't even need the higher speed but it's less than 10% over what I'm currently paying so why not?

Go with the S33. I have an S33 but came from a SB8200 when my wired clients went to 2.5Gbps. The Arris S33 supports maximum wired speeds of up to 2.5Gbps for a single port, as opposed to the standard 1Gbps offered by the Arris SB8200. The former is, therefore, better equipped to handle high-bandwidth requirements like gaming and 4K streaming.