What's new

Asterisk ipkg

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bliko

Regular Contributor
hi,

I was wondering if anyone has tried the ipkg of asterix and asterix gui on their nas or other device?

I would like to know weather it's easy to install and manage bearing in mind I have little asterisk experience, but some experience with other voip products?

Assuming I did get it to work, does anyone know how easy it is to setup voicemail and a fax to email server (t.38 I think)?

Thanks in advance.

I have Asterisk running on various hardware, but not a NAS. Setting up voicemail is pretty easy. FAX support is not so easy.

I suggest you have a look at http://www.nerdvittles.com. There a lot of good Asterisk info there.

You'll want to look at Trixbox - it's the most popular iteration of asterisk, as it's pre-packaged with pretty much everything you need, gui and all. It about as easy as it gets, considering how powerful it is.

Never installed it on a NAS, only servers. If the hardware plays nicely I suppose you could.

Thanks, i've now managed to install asterisk and voicemail, it was pretty simple as you said...however i think i need to do a bit more reading on the fax bit. I wish nobody sent faxes anymore !!! :S

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!