What's new

Asus AC3200 - Help with Disconnect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bruce Henry

New Around Here
I am trying out the wireless router for my house, I know it is overkill, but hopefully in the future will provide flexibility.

The smart connect is turned off. What is happening is the laptop will have a connection but will say No Internet. This happens to both my laptop and my Wife's laptop randomly. And it only happened twice so far over the last week. I deleted all the known connection under the Manage Wireless Networks and reconnected. So far my laptop has not disconnected.

The only thing I could think of was the wireless radio in the Asus is so much stronger than my laptops that when I go out of range the router drops my connection but the laptop remains therefore No Internet message. Does that make sense on any level? To get the Internet back need to drop and reconnect.

Try to disable all beam forming (2.4GHz and 5GHz or start with just 5GHz), in the professional tab under wireless I believe , and test.

Last edited:
Try to disable all beam forming (2.4GHz and 5GHz or start with just 5GHz), in the professional tab under wireless I believe , and test.

Note that disabling beamforming has the potential side effect of reducing throughput at range.

Are the drivers on the laptops up to date? Are there other wireless clients which don't have issues?

Note that disabling beamforming has the potential side effect of reducing throughput at range.

Are the drivers on the laptops up to date? Are there other wireless clients which don't have issues?

Based on Tim's tests, Beamforming's benefit seems to be rather marginal, and mostly when at a medium range. Devices at the limits of coverage won't really benefit from it.

I disabled beaming and it made no difference. No I am concerned. When I tested the NightHawk Triband, I did not have this problem. And both my laptops do the same thing. So I know it is not my laptop. The Asus doesn't seem to receive signal from the devices very well. I really really like this router too because of the parental controls. Ugh!

See attached image. Signal quality good but no internet. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• wireless.jpg
    wireless.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 244
Ok. I think I may have found the problem. I moved the router 6 inches and repositioned the antennas and it started to work in my garage. What gives here? Doesn't seem that much of a move. Now I am tempted to move it more centrally to the house. But I would have to run power and network cables. Bummer. Plus I think my Wife would complain about the giant black spider on the hall wall. Lol!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!