What's new

Asus AC68U Web GUI pages not loading

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DarthOps

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

On the last few firmware versions on the AC68U (I'm currently running 3.0.0.4.374.4887) I've noticed that the web gui of the router is having problems loading up pages. I frequently will have to refresh the page to get it to display properly

I've tried accessing it in Firefox, IE, Chrome and Chrome Canary and the behaviour seems to persist. Anyone got any ideas?

P.S. I'm using Windows 8.1

What A/V are you using?

What A/V are you using?

I'm currently using the latest Avast Antivirus

EDIT: Just got home and it looks like Avast is causing the problem, thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

Last edited:
I'm currently using the latest Avast Antivirus

EDIT: Just got home and it looks like Avast is causing the problem, thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

Guess that makes another security suite that has the issue. Eset's NOD32 was the first one to cause this issue.

I wonder what is actually causing it. Eset are apparently aware of the issue, but since they haven't addressed it I suspect that either they don't care, or they feel this is actualy an Asus issue.

Hi everyone.
just got this router and I must say i'm very disappointed with all these issues.
Its known that every software powerhouse releases products with bugs or missing performance tests.
I also have that problem in the company I work for.

But all these reboots issue and critical.
Stability is the most critical for a people getting such a router.
I went for this router to a small office (12 people).

We have a USB attached and shared over samba.
The router gets stucked every hour with IO error and only a reboot will do the job.

When the IO error happens to one of the users...
The internet works.. but the router doesn't load its own page and the Samba sharing doesn't work anymore.
However... internet works! :\
So.. im also having this page load issue...

Hi everyone.
just got this router and I must say i'm very disappointed with all these issues.
Its known that every software powerhouse releases products with bugs or missing performance tests.

The router gets stucked every hour with IO error and only a reboot will do the job.

The internet works.. but the router doesn't load its own page and the Samba sharing doesn't work anymore.

Have you updated to to newel released firmware (.5047)? That fixes the current reported mass issues that folks were having.

I use free Avast A/V on all computers and laptops and never had any issues with this router.

Hi everyone.

The only solution if found for this is installing Merlin's 674.40alpha4 and enabling SWAP.
I found that the problem is there's not enough RAM to keep it all on and web ui and samba becomes unavailable.

The same thing happened to me and here's the solution;

IF you are using EOD32 (ESET) then go to advanced setup , under 'web access protection', UNCHECK 'Enable HTTP checking'.

DONE!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!