What's new

ASUS AX-11000 Pro - 5GB Fiber

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tricky111

New Around Here
ASUS AX-11000 Pro - ATT 5GB Fiber - not getting full 5GB. I cannot get the full 5GB Fiber I pay for and I have the the ATT&T router on passthru

ASUS AX-11000 Pro - ATT 5GB Fiber - not getting full 5GB. I cannot get the full 5GB Fiber I pay for and I have the the ATT&T router on passthru
what wan port are you using to connect the modem to the router ? using the 2.5 port will limit your speed

I'd test with NAT accel on and/or monitor the CPU usage during a speed test.

It has been mentioned that the 2.5Gbps ports can't even max out, but I'd be surprised if a 10Gbps port couldn't handle 50% of its rating.

Sorry I can't be more specific or helpful, but I don't know the actual hardware limits or any other pertinent settings.

It has been mentioned that the 2.5Gbps ports can't even max out, but I'd be surprised if a 10Gbps port couldn't handle 50% of its rating.

Sorry I can't be more specific or helpful, but I don't know the actual hardware limits or any other pertinent settings.
Where is NAT acceleration located?

Speed thru ASUS GUI max 3 up 3 down.

Even if you measure 5Gbps on the speed test... where is this 5Gbps speed going to go after the router?? You have 1x 10GbE and 1x 2.5GbE ports on your router, nothing LAN will exceed 2.3Gbps and nothing on WLAN will exceed 1.7Gbps with lots of luck. Your best chance is aggregate throughput LAN + WLAN, hard to measure.

On my RT-AC68U, it is LAN > Switch Control

There is no NAT acceleration on/off on NHD hardware routers. It's enabled by default, both Runner and Flow Cache.

For a best chance to see 5Gbps on GUI speed test go to Administration, Privacy (or Policy) and withdraw Trend Micro data sharing agreement. Reboot, test again.

This 5Gbps ISP plan is still useless with your router. GT-AX11000 Pro or GT-AXE11000 - still the same. You can't use this speed to any device on your network.

Nothing much you can do to get this speed out of your router. The hardware is not even Gigabit capable with no NAT acceleration hacks (it's similar to RPi) and you have to hammer simultaneously multiple wired and wireless devices on different bands to get anywhere close. You perhaps understand AX11000-class is mostly marketing.

fastest I[ve gotten with wireless on my AX1100pro is 5gb downloaded in 7 seconds from the internet 20 gb in 23 sec from nas to laptop using the 2.5 port

best I could do on 2.5 was 1.93 Gb so I bet the 10 Gb port has similar or worse limits , have yet to test it on my network

Nothing much you can do to get this speed out of your router. The hardware is not even Gigabit capable with no NAT acceleration hacks (it's similar to RPi) and you have to hammer simultaneously multiple wired and wireless devices on different bands to get anywhere close. You perhaps understand AX11000-class is mostly marketing.
my son was here and he was getting the full 1Gb connection speed on his laptop in the room with the router 5 Gb file took 7 seconds to dl which is pretty close to perfect considering

I am using the 10GB WAN.
doubt the 10GB port will deliver full speed be surprised if it gets 4GB/s , good luck be interesting to see the limits of the router

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!