What's new

ASUS RT-AC57U vs linksys ea7500 solved

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pacman19

New Around Here
Hi i found these 2 routers i have £50 and these are under £50. I have my isp router in my living room and im wanting another router for the upstairs bedroom to use as an access point. The upstairs router i need to be able to send its wifi signal into my next door house, ive tried wifi extenders and the signal reaches my next door house but its drops connection. So please can someone tell me which one of these routers will have the best wifi range with the best speed reliabity and no connection dropouts. If not these 2 routers can someone recomend me something, i dont want to spedn above £50.

Place both routers as close together as possible in the 2 houses, if possible they can see each other through a window (less attenuation than brick).
Forget 5G for that and be happy what 2,4 will give you.
You could use a directional antenna on one or even better both sides to get stronger signal and less signals from neighbours.
Something like this here: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00R1PA9EO/

oh sorry, 57U doesnt support Aimesh, so you can forget this mode.
In AP mode I think they will do both, never had them.
Most people here are talking about Merlin firmware for Asus routers, and he doesnt support 57U, so you will have to wait for answers and probably they will be subjective.
EA7500 is much better I think and costs about double of 57U. So if you get them for same price ;)

oh sorry, 57U doesnt support Aimesh, so you can forget this mode.
In AP mode I think they will do both, never had them.
Most people here are talking about Merlin firmware for Asus routers, and he doesnt support 57U, so you will have to wait for answers and probably they will be subjective.
EA7500 is much better I think and costs about double of 57U. So if you get them for same price ;)
Hi brother thanks for information, i was going to get the linksys but the price has gone upto £78 and the asus has dropped to £42 so ive bought the asus thanks again for the help.