What's new

ASUS RT-AC66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4850 - 7.04.15 (Beta)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Marc66

Regular Contributor
I'm not aware of any issue specific to the N66/AC66 and the current 378 codebase, so for me it doesn't mean any change.

Could you please explain your earlier comment then,

The 378_xxxx codebase isn't fully compatible with the older MIPS routers at this time. A lot of things related to the firewall are flat out broken, especially when IPv6 is enabled. That would explain why Asus is still releasing firmwares in the 376_xxxx code branch for the RT-N66/RTAC66.

So for now, keyword filtering and parental control are broken on the N66 and AC66, and there's no simple solution in sight.

EDIT: parental control was actually broken even before the switch to 378, as it's also failing to apply the firewall rules in 376.49.

EDIT2: This is also still broken in Asus's 376_3861 own FW, so the problem isn't with my code. I sent a bug report to Asus so hopefully they can eventually resolve it.

Could you please explain your earlier comment then,

As noted in that last two sentences of your quote, that particular issue also existed in the 376 codebase. It wasn't an issue specific to 378.

Hi all,

I just got my new RT-AC66U that found this Beta as a new update.
So, before starting to configure my new router, I decided to install this (new) firmware OTA, and in the beginning it looked OK.

However, I found that when I configured reserved DHCP-assigned IP-adresses in combination with port forwarding (webcam, rdp, etc), both the 2.4 and 5G Wifi's started to loose communication.
I could see on the router the lights would go out about every minute, also "inSSIDer" would see the transmission stop and come back on again.

Being new with this router it was quite a pain getting it stable again, I had to use the recovery-tool and flash firmware from there...... :-(

I now use Merlin's Firmware: 374.43 (Merlin build), and both port-forwarding works AND the Wifi stays ON.

Will come back later with more news if there is any.

Un saludo,

Satbeginner