What's new

Asus RT-AC68R /w latest Merlin 386.12 firmware - Openvpn client issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jdolence

New Around Here
I'm new to the forum and just joined. I searched and did not find any threads related to my problem.

I upgraded my Asus RT-AC68R to version 386.12 last night and the openvpn client will not start with message "Error - check configuration". The <name>.opvn file is provided by CloudConnexa, rebranded OpenVPN Cloud, which is the same group that offers the openvpn software. I believe the actual client connection parameters are downloaded from CloudConnexa when the client is started. Previously, the same router was on a pre-Merlin release with a very old version of openvpn which did work under the same conditions.

The system log file seems to indicate that the vpnclient errors out related to adding an ipv6 address . I've attached the log to this thread. I have ipv6 turned off on my router since my ISP, Metronet, is using CG-NAT (Carrier Grade NAT) with ipv4 addresses only. I have validated this @ https://ipv6-test.com/ and I tried turning turning ipv6 on with no joy.

CloudConnexa uses ipv4 and ipv6 for setting up the connector tunnel address. There is no provision to turn off ipv6 on their side.

• Has anyone else run into something similar or a known solution?
  • Is this where I should report this problem to get it resolved? If not, please let me know.
Please let me know if any additional information is needed.

Attachments

• asus RT-AC86 openvpn client error log.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 20
Hey Colin,

Thanks! I added
add pull-filter ignore "route-ipv6"
add pull-filter ignore "ifconfig-ipv6"
and that solved the issue.

I appreciate you taking the time to direct me to that post!

BR.