What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U hardware Version A2 or B1?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

if i remember n66u have better range than 68u and 87u
You have AC card in laptop or other wifi devices ? If no then You still can use n mode.

btw. 68u is very good router then change will be visible eg. AIProtection, adaptive qos and other festures.

if i remember n66u have better range than 68u and 87u
You have AC card in laptop or other wifi devices ? If no then You still can use n mode.

btw. 68u is very good router then change will be visible eg. AIProtection, adaptive qos and other festures.

My 68u has exactly the same range as the 66u, at least I tested with 5Ghz band. We have one room in the house where wi-wi disconnects and it happens
at the exact same location in that room for both routers, not a scientific test but to me they are the same, only 68u twice as fast...

How does a stock clocked AC68U A1 at 800 MHz compare to a B1 at 1 GHz for things like simultaneous browsing, TV/movie streaming, online gaming (Xbox One and PS4), and no VPN?

I recently got a pre-owned unit that ended up being an A1, but am wondering if I would be better off getting a B1 and selling the A1. I'm looking to replace my N66U with it.

Am I correct in that the B1 is the AC68P or are there B1 AC68U's available now? I would like to wait for the C1 but have a buyer lined up for my N66U that needs it in 3 weeks.

I bought an 68U off Amazon a few months ago and the sticker on the box identified it as a B1.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!