What's new

Release ASUS RT-AC66U B1 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51685 2024/04/15

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bbunge

Part of the Furniture
Version 3.0.0.4.386_51685

98.85 MB

2024/04/15

- Fixed command injection vulnerability.
- Fixed the ARP poisoning vulnerability. Thanks to the contribution of Xin'an Zhou.
- Fixed code execution in custom OVPN. Thanks to the contrubution of Jacob Baines.
- Fixed the injection vulnerability in AiCloud.
- Fixed stack buffer overflow in lighttpd. Special thanks to Viktor Edstrom.
- Fixed CVE-2023-35720
- Fixed the code execution vulnerability in AiCloud. Thanks to the contribution of chumen77.
- Fixed the XSS and Self-reflected HTML injection vulnerability. Thanks to the contrubution of Redfox Cyber Security.

*Please be advised that due to a security upgrade in AiMesh, we strongly recommend against downgrading to previous firmware versions, as this may lead to connection issues. Should you encounter any difficulties, resetting the AiMesh router to its default settings and re-establishing the mesh connection can resolve the problem.

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256: aded7987b384440cffc24755a9e5005d09174bf4d2836ba8e50c3bca8866b755

Note: My RT-AC66U_B1 was unable to detect the upgrade from the router GUI. A manual download, unzip, checksum and manual upgrade did work.

All RT-AC68U variants got the same firmware update. You can make another thread for RT-AC1900P if you like, @bbunge.

It's exactly the same firmware file containing image for RT-AC68U V4 variant. This is where the double size is coming from.

All RT-AC68U variants got the same firmware update. You can make another thread for RT-AC1900P if you like, @bbunge.

It's exactly the same firmware file containing image for RT-AC68U V4 variant. This is where the double size is coming from.
Who said anything about double size? And, there are still some folks who do not know some routers use the same firmware. Soon, you can quit complaining about it.

Hi, new here. I'm running my RT-AC66U on the last office release for it. That would be 380.70
Am I to understand the Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51685 2024/04/15 at the start of this thread is perfectly suitable for it?
Thanks in Adv

Hi, new here. I'm running my RT-AC66U on the last office release for it. That would be 380.70
Am I to understand the Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51685 2024/04/15 at the start of this thread is perfectly suitable for it?
Thanks in Adv
No if it is an AC66U
Yes if is an AC66U_B1

There is a difference between the two!

I'm running my RT-AC66U on the last office release for it. That would be 380.70

Latest official Asuswrt release for your router is here:

This model is End-of-Life for many years. You may want to upgrade it for security reasons.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!