What's new

Asus RT-AX53U and Asus RT-AX1800U smart connect and differences.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

romasasss

New Around Here
Hello,

I would like to ask if someone know what is the difference between sus RT-AX53U and Asus RT-AX1800U models? Because there is a slight price difference between these models.

I already asked asus, but didn't get a proper answer. They just sent me link of both models "tech spec". Only difference in "Tech spec" is that RT-AX53U processor is Dual-core (4 VPE) and RT-AX1800U processor is Dual-core.

And also I asked Asus about "Smart connect", but they told that these routers don't support such function, but I found such information in firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.68691 - "improved smart connect function." I would like to buy 2 wifi 6 routers and make mesh using ethernet backhaul, but don't want to have 2 different 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi SSID.

Thank you in advance.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,

I would like to ask if someone know what is the difference between sus RT-AX53U and Asus RT-AX1800U models? Because there is a slight price difference between these models.

I already asked asus, but didn't get a proper answer. They just sent me link of both models "tech spec". Only difference is "Tech spec" is that RT-AX53U processor is Dual-core (4 VPE) and RT-AX1800U processor is Dual-core.

And also I asked Asus about "Smart connect", but they told that these routers don't support such function, but I found such information in firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.68691 - "improved smart connect function." I would like to buy 2 wifi 6 routers and make mesh using ethernet backhaul, but don't want to have 2 different 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi SSID.

Thank you in advance.

View attachment 53313

From what I can see they are identical. Not sure what VPE is but they probably both have it (I'm thinking probably virtual threads similar to an x86 with hyperthreading). Looking at the details on OpenWRT's site they have the same chipset.

They all support smartconnect.

EDIT
This Asus spec sheet confirms they're one and the same

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!