What's new

ASUS RT-AX53U conflicts with NAS WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

350z6233

New Around Here
Hello all, I'm a new owner of the RT-AX53U router, and so far it has been working quite well with my Wi-Fi 6 laptop (MBP 14 m2). I am getting speeds of 600+ Mbps for both upload and download, and I have no issues streaming 4K videos and so on.

However, I am experiencing a problem when using it with my WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra NAS.

When the NAS is connected to the router via a wired connection (Cat6), and the router is also connected to my laptop via a wired connection (Cat6), I am able to achieve read/write speeds of approximately 90MB/s according to the Blackmagic Disk Speed Test.

But when the NAS is connected to the router via a wired connection (Cat6), and the router is connected to my laptop via Wi-Fi, I am only getting read/write speeds of around 0.5MB/s.

I have not made any changes to the default settings on the Asus router (FV: 3.0.0.4.386_68691) or the MyCloud NAS (FV: 5.26.300), and I have tried resetting and rebooting both devices.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue? Thank you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!