What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX88U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_21514

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

djjsin

Regular Contributor
ASUS RT-AX88U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_21514

Version 3.0.0.6.102_21514

66.97 MB

2023/06/20

New features for ASUSWRT 5.0
-Kids' Wi-Fi: Create a separate network specifically for children, complete with scheduled controls. This is suitable for children who use multiple network devices that have enabled the randomized MAC address function and are not easily recognized.
-VPN WiFi: Create a VPN network that connects to 3rd party VPN services or with ASUS site to site -VPN(https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1048281/) to encrypts your internet connection and hides your IP address to protect your online activities from being tracked or monitored.
-IoT WiFi : Create an 2.4G spearate network for IoT (Internet of Things) devices.
Guest WiFi: Create a guest network with a WiFi schedule and access rights to control when and how guests can use the network.
-VLAN, allow you to segment a network into smaller, virtual sub-networks, which can be used to isolate traffic, please refer to https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1049415/
-Multi-services WAN, create multiple profiles on a single WAN interface. (https://rog.asus.com/au/support/FAQ/1050072)
-Port isolation and AP isolation to restrict device access to each other.

Bug Fixes and Enhancements
-NowTV profile has been added under new IPTV profiles.
-IPTV settings have been updated for better compatibility with Unifi Biz VoIP service.
-Fixed a GUI bug that occurred when adding port range rules in the Network Service Filter.
-Resolved an issue that caused hostname errors in the DDNS service.

Security Fixes
-Fixed several curl vulnerabilities including CVE-2023-28322, CVE-2023-28321, and CVE-2023-28319.
-Fixed FFmpeg vulnerabilities, specifically CVE-2022-3964, CVE-2022-48434, and CVE-2022-3109.
-Corrected an OpenVPN vulnerability categorized as CWE-134.
-Fixed the Hostap vulnerability CVE-2019-10064.
-Patched a command injection vulnerability to improve overall security.
-Strengthened protection against SSH brute force attacks.

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256: 54ffd3850a950a516f5aada33ead264f1cc27771fbf182938bd5ecf985c2c0eb

now this one is wierd. sometimes it shows up on the asus site, then i hit refresh and it disappears. My router still show's an update and that its available.

i've already seen issues with this firmware. For example, if i go under aimesh and look at the clients on each node, its completely empty. Show's zero clients on any nodes. Wondering if Asus is pulling this firmware?

now this one is wierd. sometimes it shows up on the asus site, then i hit refresh and it disappears. My router still show's an update and that its available.

i've already seen issues with this firmware. For example, if i go under aimesh and look at the clients on each node, its completely empty. Show's zero clients on any nodes. Wondering if Asus is pulling this firmware?
In the other thread you posted a screenshot of your router showing this. And you’re saying that even though you are on that version it’s telling you there is a new version, this one. You could let it update and install and see if it sorts itself out. Worst case is a gui reset. Pretty much it should be overwriting the file with same thing unless it was changed a bit.

In the other thread you posted a screenshot of your router showing this. And you’re saying that even though you are on that version it’s telling you there is a new version, this one. You could let it update and install and see if it sorts itself out. Worst case is a gui reset. Pretty much it should be overwriting the file with same thing unless it was changed a bit.
i used the revert button to revert back to 3.0.0.4.388_23110. So i'm saying now that i'm reverted the router is still allowing me to update to 21514, even though the 21514 has been removed from asus public website.

i'm tried 21514 but the aimesh client list not showing up causes me a lot of issues. I can't bind or unbind devices to aimesh nodes for example without being able to see the client list per node. Do you see the client list per node under aimesh in the web gui?

i used the revert button to revert back to 3.0.0.4.388_23110. So i'm saying now that i'm reverted the router is still allowing me to update to 21514, even though the 21514 has been removed from asus public website.

i'm tried 21514 but the aimesh client list not showing up causes me a lot of issues. I can't bind or unbind devices to aimesh nodes for example without being able to see the client list per node. Do you see the client list per node under aimesh in the web gui?
Sorry, I don’t aiMesh. Someone may jump in here to help with that.

What revert button?

What revert button?
After I upgraded to 21514 there was actually a revert button next to it by where you normally would update the firmware. I pressed it and a dialog box came up with all the info for 23110 and asking me if I want to download it and revert back to that version. First time I've ever seen it.

After I upgraded to 21514 there was actually a revert button next to it by where you normally would update the firmware. I pressed it and a dialog box came up with all the info for 23110 and asking me if I want to download it and revert back to that version. First time I've ever seen it.
Hmmm

They have removed the beta versions and the source code, not even the "Others" option appears in the list, at least now...
1687347455680.png

I had the same problem, I have two nodes and I was not able to see any clients, bind or unbind. I went back to previous firmware and now everything works.

Does it usually take a long time to upload GPL firmware? It's been a few days, and they still haven't released it.

They have done cleanup, no beta versions, no GPL.

1687780486010.png

Thank you very much for the information @ColinTaylor 👌

Asus is not very respectful of Open Source.... here you could learn from TP-Link, which has all the source code available and in different versions. 😒😥

I've upgraded my RT-AX88U Pro router with 2 x RT-AX88U Pro AiMesh nodes to this firmware. In addition to the missing client lists, I have noticed that my nodes are not adhering to the WiFi configuration (fixed channels etc) meaning that the nodes are out of line with the main router. I have reported this to Asus
1689104524459.png

I have seen another problem, that if you set a manual channel in the 2.4Ghz band, it is set to auto in the 5Ghz band, and vice versa, plus there is no temperature tab or SNMP.

Last edited:
I had no response to my report to Asus. Are others using this firmware successfully?

I reported all the issues 1 month back through router GUI. But it seems like Asus firmware engineers have been replaced by ChatGTP operated robots. No reply or anything.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!