What's new

ASUS RT-N66U Ports for VPN on Mac OSX Server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DHJohnson76

New Around Here
I am trying to set up an L2TP VPN on Mac OSX Mountain Lion Server that runs through an ASUS RT-N66U router. I have been successful in opening the ports to other services on the server, but cannot get the ports to the VPN to open. Ports 500, 1701, and 4500 are all timing out when testing them through www.canyouseeme.org. I believe that those are the only ports that I need to have open to for an L2TP VPN.

The VPN service on the router is disabled, but I am wondering if, for some reason, the VPN service on the router is conflicting with the ports.

Any suggestions on additional steps to take to identify the cause of the problem are welcome.

Have you tried forwarding ESP as well?

Try adding a port forward rule with:
Port Range: 50
Local Port: Leave blank.
Protocol: Other

Thank You!

Success!

I added the ESP 50 rule but I also discovered that it didn't like that I was trying to log in through an account linked to iCloud.

I created a new local user and boom I was in. Thank you for your help Dreamslacker!