What's new

Release ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.24609

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This may be a stupid question, but I have a vaguely stable setup and want to add two additional XT8s, can mixed firmware inter-operate OK as I expect the additional ones to be newer firmware, but dont want to update!

This may be a stupid question, but I have a vaguely stable setup and want to add two additional XT8s, can mixed firmware inter-operate OK as I expect the additional ones to be newer firmware, but dont want to update!
I have done this before without any issues.

I am still on the old version 3.0.0.4.386_48706 but thinking of upgrading to a newer version. Which more recent version has the consensus for being the most reliable?

I am still on the old version 3.0.0.4.386_48706 but thinking of upgrading to a newer version. Which more recent version has the consensus for being the most reliable?
Yeah im still running 388.21099, its very old but every time I see an update, its the same comments, so Ive gone with "better the devil you know" buts its super out of date now and Ive been given 2 more XT8s so want to expand the mesh but undecided whether to just stick as is or pump all 4 up to the latest

Have had firmware 24609 on a single unit since it came out, no trouble to report other than this one. minor annoyance at best for most people.

Below is a tip for those running split bands for 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz-1 and 5Ghz-2.

Had some delay with wifi 6, not a big deal but extremely annoying with devices that prioritize 2.4ghz even though they do support 6Ghz. Seems like after the update these settings went to auto wireless mode, and support all bandwidths instead of locked. Recommend setting wireless mode to AX only, and bandwith to 160mhz only. Devices not supporting wifi6 will have to move to 5Ghz-1.

(I know my WPA is red, nothing to worry about)

Wifi 5-2.jpg

Have had firmware 24609 on a single unit since it came out, no trouble to report other than this one. minor annoyance at best for most people.

Below is a tip for those running split bands for 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz-1 and 5Ghz-2.

Had some delay with wifi 6, not a big deal but extremely annoying with devices that prioritize 2.4ghz even though they do support 6Ghz. Seems like after the update these settings went to auto wireless mode, and support all bandwidths instead of locked. Recommend setting wireless mode to AX only, and bandwith to 160mhz only. Devices not supporting wifi6 will have to move to 5Ghz-1.

(I know my WPA is red, nothing to worry about)

View attachment 57108
Using wired backhaul presumably?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!