What's new

Release ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.24609

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@FreddyP I have been on 24609 FW for over 7 days now. For my use case it has been very stable, but others have had issues.

Installed, I will report back if there's any bugs worth mentioning on my end with a single XT8 V1.

edit: Just an observation after a short while(30minutes~) , webpages and scrubbing youtube content seem to load significantly faster without buffering with both Firefox and Brave. Also faster on youtube on my phone.

Laptop Lenovo legion 5pro on Wifi 6 5G-2.
Samsung S21 Ultra.

Network 1000U/1000D

Last edited:
Just updated and noticed that auto firmware upgrade and security upgrade were set to on. I wonder what other settings may now be enabled that I had off previously?

Interested to see if anybody can get reliable operation for more than three weeks in a row with this version using two or more AiMesh wireless nodes on the XT8 v1 hardware.

Not holding my breath.

Interested to see if anybody can get reliable operation for more than three weeks in a row with this version using two or more AiMesh wireless nodes on the XT8 v1 hardware.

Not holding my breath.

I have been using it for 14+ days, and still going strong with a total of 4x XT8's.

1707556621131.png

Just updated and noticed that auto firmware upgrade and security upgrade were set to on. I wonder what other settings may now be enabled that I had off previously?

Mine were turned off, but I did do a full factory reset:

1707556757398.png

That's encouraging. Thanks!

Are you using wired or wireless backhaul for the AiMesh? And are all your XT8's at hardware version 1?
I use wireless backhaul

1707614064080.png

Main router XT8 V2, all three AImesh routers are also XT8 V2. Flashing this version now. Keeping my fingers crossed, as I have wired backhaul for everything, and prefer it that way.

Backhauls appear okay. What I have noticed is, the Client List is failing to display multiple line client names (text wrap-around) correctly. Someone forgot a line break somewhere. :(

Last edited:
I did an upgrade via the web admin interface three days ago, 2 v1 XT8s, wireless back-haul, no issues to report. I have had many issues with older firmware versions on the same exact units in the past.

I'm getting 1-3 daily drops on a TV and blink camera using V1 FW 24609. Back to FW 23285 for me.

Main router XT8 V1, two AImesh routers are also XT8 V1. Wired backhaul for everything. Only issues I have found is the one @FredTheFrog brought up where the client list display is off. When I export everything looks good, except for the random  characters now and then.

An issue I've been noticing yesterday and today: The virtual WiFi will reject IOT/ESP8266/ESP32 clients with 'Auth Expired' and/or '4-Way Handshake Failed'. Only solution is to reset the main router. 😠 Very frustrating. And now it continues to reject connections, even after rebooting the main router, and powering off and on the APs.
[W][wifi_esp32:652]: Event: Disconnected ssid='ABCDEFG-IOT' bssid=AA:7F:54:A3:C6:73 reason='Auth Expired'
[W][wifi:627]: Error while connecting to network.
That very persistent error was a defective Espressif ESP32 device. :(

Last edited:
After several days of pretty much fault-free operation, something went badly wrong this afternoon. One of my XT8 aiMesh WAPs began dropping clients. Physically turned it off and back on, but the problem endures. IOT devices are resetting themselves, attempting to reconnect. Seriously considering rolling back to the previous firmware revision.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!