What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Great! Thank you

And I can confirm it also works. Was wondering why my Chromcast LED kept blinking last night when I came back home. Switched to it to see if was no longer connected to wifi. Turns out I had left my test schedule configured, so when I flashed a test build before going to bed the previous night, it disabled wifi.

I had some DLNA scanning issues in 378.54. The scanning process hanged and I had te remove the movie-files that caused the problem. Now using 378.55_beta1 and still scanning. Unfortunately I can't see if it's still busy or hangs already.

Is it possible in Media Server Status to add the filename as a status message ("Scanning filename.mkv..."). Then you can see if the process is running. When it hangs, it will (probably) show the latest file so you know where to locate the problem.

This new login method is annoying! Does anyone know if there is a way to login via URL like with the old login method? i.e. http://

This new login method is annoying! Does anyone know if there is a way to login via URL like with the old login method? i.e. http://

Use 54_2 or jump to John's fork if you have a supported router. This would be the only way i know of.

I'm unable to add any port fowards in the WAN > Virtual Server / Port Forwarding tab. It seems to apply fine (after filling out the fields and clicking the + add button) and then does the whole 'applying settings' thing which takes a minute or two, then the page refreshes and none of the forwards are there, it isn't saving any.

It also keeps asking me to fill out the FTP port number before it will let me submit the page.

I had some DLNA scanning issues in 378.54. The scanning process hanged and I had te remove the movie-files that caused the problem. Now using 378.55_beta1 and still scanning. Unfortunately I can't see if it's still busy or hangs already.

Is it possible in Media Server Status to add the filename as a status message ("Scanning filename.mkv..."). Then you can see if the process is running. When it hangs, it will (probably) show the latest file so you know where to locate the problem.

That's a wonderful suggestion so that we don't have to guess which file is corrupted.

The Media Server Status in the App is useless. It always says IDLE even when someone is streaming.

The only status it can report is if it's scanning or not.

Reporting what file is being scanned is not possible.

The only status it can report is if it's scanning or not.

Reporting what file is being scanned is not possible.

Wow, now my Media Server Status is "Idle". Haven't seen that in a long time! I think this new beta-version solved the problem. Thanks!

Wow, now my Media Server Status is "Idle". Haven't seen that in a long time! I think this new beta-version solved the problem. Thanks!

Did you check if the media database contains your entire media collection (or at least close to, as some files might still get skipped)?

I seem to not be able to use FTP on smartsync on LAN, it just says error all the time, although I can login fine with any ftp client.

Any idea's?

other than OpenVPN keys move to jffs, I think the WebUI https key + SSH Authorization key also need to move to jffs... there is a very limited size (65535 bytes) for saving the settings..
If I have a long list of port mapping, a couple of 2048 bit keys of SSH host key... it is very easy to crash the setting..

other than OpenVPN keys move to jffs, I think the WebUI https key + SSH Authorization key also need to move to jffs... there is a very limited size (65535 bytes) for saving the settings..
If I have a long list of port mapping, a couple of 2048 bit keys of SSH host key... it is very easy to crash the setting..

I want to wait and see first where Asus is headed with that, as they just migrated the OpenVPN content to JFFS in 6117. If they don't also move SSH in a future release, I might end up moving it too. I don't want to get over the top with moving stuff however, as it makes the code much more complex, and it also means you can't easily back it up like you can do with stuff stored in nvram.

I'm unable to add any port fowards in the WAN > Virtual Server / Port Forwarding tab. It seems to apply fine (after filling out the fields and clicking the + add button) and then does the whole 'applying settings' thing which takes a minute or two, then the page refreshes and none of the forwards are there, it isn't saving any.

It also keeps asking me to fill out the FTP port number before it will let me submit the page.

is this inability to set a port forward just me, then? with the beta

If you refer to post # 79 from Merlin:
378.55 is based on 6117, so it will have the same bugs as the official 6117 releases (minus those things I fixed, like the Network Tools page). GPL 6975 should be available early this week. I don't intend to merge it for 378.55, but I will possibly backport a few specific fixes if they are in that release.
Thank You. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!