What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Means it wasn't successfully flashed. Reboot the router with no USB disk plugged, then flash again.
Thanks you were right. In fact, I had a device plug into one USB port, but only to power it. I couldn't think it can cause issue when flashing.

I get this error when using GUI to upgrade to RT-AC66U_378.56_0.trx or RT-AC66U_378.56_1-gd825aae.trx:

"Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again."

- Router: RT-AC66U
- Current firmware: 378.55_0

Any idea what the problem could be? Never had this issue before.

I get this error when using GUI to upgrade to RT-AC66U_378.56_0.trx or RT-AC66U_378.56_1-gd825aae.trx:

"Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again."

- Router: RT-AC66U
- Current firmware: 378.55_0

Any idea what the problem could be? Never had this issue before.
I am getting the same error message.

I am running 378.56

Thanks guys for the explanation. Learning a lot...

Gonne turn off beamforming. Hope it will help a little and wait for power saving on 5 ghz.

I am getting the same error message.

I am running 378.56

It could be the cache/memory issue. Unmount and unplug any USB drives. Reboot. Flash. When done, plug drives back in. Maybe reboot once more.

Merlin, for the latest test version, I see an nvram variable "drop_caches". I didn't do a reset defaults. It is set to "1". Does "1" use the older algorithm? In other words, if we want the more aggressive, newer caching, do we set to "0"?

Hello all,

First I am a big fan of the Merlin firmware. Always working superb !!

I have noticed one problem. I am using the RT-AC87U for 5 months now. But when I got last month my new Phone (samsung galaxy S6) it connects at 844 mbps with the router. This is super. Unfortunaly it kept disconnecting when Phone is in sleepmode. After last update this was gone and the connection is 100 % stable.

I have noticed that I have a huge battery drain when connected to the 5 ghz network. When I look at "battery monitor widget pro" on my Phone I am using 450 mA in sleep mode. When I connect to 2,4 ghz the usage drops to 18 mA. My Phone will last 8 hours when on 5 ghz and 2 days when I am on 2,4 ghz.

Does anyone have the same problem ? I tested my girlfriends Phone (also S6) and it has the same issue.

I am on last build with several factory defaults, Original Asus firmware has the same issue. Don't no what i can do more ! someone any idea?

You have 2 options due to the known battery drain issue for Samsung smartphones on the 5GHz chipset:

1) Disable all beamforming options for 5GHz SSID's.
2) Have your smartphone forget the 5GHz SSID & make it connect only to your 2.4GHz SSID.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Disable Explicit Beamforming or?

Is Battery drain an issue for Samsung devices only or any Device IOS, windows, Android connecting on 5ghz?

Does anyone else here have the problem that if the Adaptive QoS priority mode is set to "Customize", the upstream bandwidth limit is being ignored?

It only seems to work if "Game", " Media Streaming" or "Web Surfing" is being used as the priority mode.

Hi..i have a problem with this version .......i have a rt ac68u and a asustor nas, that comes with a function called EZ router, it forwards ports Automatic in router, but in this version i can not get it working, in previuos there is no problem neither in latets original firmware from asus .. don´t know whats "broken" or changed. i have tried resetting and configure router Again...but no luck

Hi..i have a problem with this version .......i have a rt ac68u and a asustor nas, that comes with a function called EZ router, it forwards ports Automatic in router, but in this version i can not get it working, in previuos there is no problem neither in latets original firmware from asus .. don´t know whats "broken" or changed. i have tried resetting and configure router Again...but no luck

Just do it manual. Problem solved. :)

Merlin, for the latest test version, I see an nvram variable "drop_caches". I didn't do a reset defaults. It is set to "1". Does "1" use the older algorithm? In other words, if we want the more aggressive, newer caching, do we set to "0"?

That's correct.

yes sure i can, but it have been working til now and it is easy all the ports i need in a second

Asustor's implementation seems quirky. It also gave me the same messages, but the ports still appeared in the list of UPNP forwards.

Asustor's implementation seems quirky. It also gave me the same messages, but the ports still appeared in the list of UPNP forwards.
strange..... the ports seems to be forwarded in asustor´s ez router list, all are green, but there is no connection with this build, but it Works in 378.55 and with asus´s latest firmware

Quick post to say thanks to RMerlin - been working great on my RT-AC3200 (apart from the NTP issue which has already been mentioned) compared to Asus's dodgy official release lol :)

thanks again dude.

I have a strange issue with the new 378.56 on my RT-AC66U.

After upgrading from 378.55 to 378.56 the webgui keeps logging me out. Whatever change I make in the gui, as soon as I hit the Apply button, I'm asked for username and password again.
Then, when I login again the changes I made has not been saved. This keep happening.

I have tried both Chrome and Firefox (running Fedora) with same results. Tried deleting cookies, flushing cache, rebooting router, reflash the .56 trx.

Any ideas how to solve this?

The only major change, I have made after upgrading is to remap my LAN to another subnet, ie. from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.84.x
This took a while to accomplish , since I was "thrown off" constantly.

Any help would be appreciated.

I had the same issue as above when i tried 56 except the changes were accepted just had to keep logging back in every time a setting is changed. Very annoying to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online