What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.13 / 386.13_2 is now available for AC models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

EDIT: 26-April-2024 386.13_2 has been released for the RT-AC86U and GT-AC2900, addressing a security issue in IPSEC (which isn't supported by the other Wifi 5 models).

Changes since 386.13_0:
Code:
386.13_2 (26-Apr-2024)
  - NOTE: This release is only available for the RT-AC86U
          and GT-AC2900.
  - UPDATED: strongswan to 5.9.13 (fixes CVE-2023-41913)

Downloaded, but the release notes were incorrect inside for 388.7. It caused "MerlinAU" add-on to not apply it if the default setting of looking at the release notes was left enabled. Obviously, you can go into add-on settings and toggle this check off.

Downloaded, but the release notes were incorrect inside for 388.7. It caused "MerlinAU" add-on to not apply it if the default setting of looking at the release notes was left enabled. Obviously, you can go into add-on settings and toggle this check off.
It's the first time I have my build script do both 386 and 388 at the same time, it seems it didn't include the correct changelog in the archive. I've reuploaded them now.

It's the first time I have my build script do both 386 and 388 at the same time, it seems it didn't include the correct changelog in the archive. I've reuploaded them now.

Thank you @RMerlin

Upgraded my AC86U to 13_2. No problems.

Thank you @RMerlin
Same here…in fact, I’d go so far as to say that small update was more of an upgrade than 386.12 to .13

Now I’ve got to dig into what IPSEC and strongswan are to satisfy my curiosity.

Just as a report from my side: Since installing 386.13 on my AC68U, I have had two occasions where I could no longer access the web UI until I turned off the router. One time I noticed because one device was no longer getting an IP, but other devices on the network still were. So I wanted to manually reboot the router from the UI and couldn’t get in.

I have no idea if this is just coincidence or if it has to do with the new update.

In any case, thanks a lot for all the hard work on this great firmwares!

Just as a report from my side: Since installing 386.13 on my AC68U, I have had two occasions where I could no longer access the web UI until I turned off the router. One time I noticed because one device was no longer getting an IP, but other devices on the network still were. So I wanted to manually reboot the router from the UI and couldn’t get in.

I have no idea if this is just coincidence or if it has to do with the new update.

If I was to offer an opinion, I’d suggest that your comparatively ancient hardware is showing signs of potentially being at or beyond its limit of capabilities. Perhaps it’s time for it to be put to pasture as a switch or access point or media bridge to a modern Merlin-supported Asus AX router. I’m not too far behind you with my AC86, so I’m feeling your pain at reluctantly letting an old friend go…

If I was to offer an opinion, I’d suggest that your comparatively ancient hardware is showing signs of potentially being at or beyond its limit of capabilities. Perhaps it’s time for it to be put to pasture as a switch or access point or media bridge to a modern Merlin-supported Asus AX router. I’m not too far behind you with my AC86, so I’m feeling your pain at reluctantly letting an old friend go…
Haha yeah of course that’s a valid point about the hardware, but I was just offering this as feedback to the newest fw in case anyone else reports similar issues, since it was solid with before. As mentioned, maybe it’s not even the updates fault:)

….. As mentioned, maybe it’s not even the updates fault:)
Wellcome to the forum.

More than possible: there’s been the odd occasion when Merlin’s brought out a firmware update for my rock solid RT-AC68U, and I’ve put off installing it. And the very next day, for the first time in months, if not years, I’ve had to reboot the router. And my first thought was, if I had gone ahead and installed the update, I’d now be blaming it. Just another facet of Sod’s Law.

That's just not true and you know it.
It may or may not be true: we don't have any indication of how they use their network. but it is an old machine that has been surpassed in terms of capabilities, and that gap between what it is capable of and what they (newer models) are built to do will continue to increase. this, of course, has to be reckoned against the user's demands on the network, but in general it's pretty safe to say mobile devices that rely on the latest wifi standards get replaced every 3-5 years and that router is probably a decade old since release, and probably more...so 2 generations or more out of date.

Got some weirdness with Diversion, rolled my AC86U back to 386.13_0:

lol, nah.

a common occurence on any iteration of asus wrt.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!