What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been running the beta on AX88U since it was posted, with about 25 clients using AC AX and 2.4. I'm not running Mesh. Everything has been nicely uneventful and boring. Thanks!

Same here AX58U. Wish Merlin would drop the next Beta and get on with it. Be nice to have a final some day before Asus releases another GPL and things start falling behind.

I did a dirty upgrade from 384.19 at the beginning of the week, and switched to cake from FlexQoS (sorry Dave! ;)). Everything running smooth!

RT-AC86U, without QoS speeds are 85/6 over docsis/cable. Cake config is 82.5/5.5 which gets me an A+ quality and A bufferbloat. Since it's almost a 15:1, I added ack-filter on uploads. I messed around with different options, including unlimited, but defaults ~95% plus ack-filter were all I needed.

Wish Merlin would drop the next Beta and get on with it.

Considering how much work this project is and he is doing this on his spare time we can wait. No offense but that sounds abit ungrateful.

Considering how much work this project is and he is doing this on his spare time we can wait. No offense but that sounds abit ungrateful.

Look man. That post was nothing personal. I love Eric's work. It was just a comment. Relax !

I don't know why, but on this Beta 1 my USB drive gets corrupted, so I start facing issues with AMTM and some of the scripts.
I've tried with other USB drive, factory resetting router and formatting USB drive, but the only solution was revert back to previous gold 386.1_2 version.

I don't know why, but on this Beta 1 my USB drive gets corrupted, so I start facing issues with AMTM and some of the scripts.
I've tried with other USB drive, factory resetting router and formatting USB drive, but the only solution was revert back to previous gold 386.1_2 version.
Sorry, but it could be a device issue, get ready to RMA the router if you have to. It happened to me with my AX88U, @RMerlin suggested Asus support and they replaced the router. To be clear I didn't have your USB trouble but something did have something equally as weird.

I added ack-filter on uploads

Can you explain how? I went through all the documentation I could find, but I wasn't able to find out where to add ack-filter in the config.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Marco

Sorry, but it could be a device issue, get ready to RMA the router if you have to. It happened to me with my AX88U, @RMerlin suggested Asus support and they replaced the router. To be clear I didn't have your USB trouble but something did have something equally as weird.
RMA is not an option, and ASUS doesn't troubleshoot that's why it simply replace devices.
Also I can't consider it a device issue if any other firmware version works just fine.

Can you explain how? I went through all the documentation I could find, but I wasn't able to find out where to add ack-filter in the config.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Marco
dave14305 posted how in the Beta thread. You just add the following to /jffs/configs/cake-qos.conf.add:
Bash:
ULOPTIONS="$ULOPTIONS ack-filter"

Exactly.. 386.1 was released about 45 days ago. 2-3 months between point releases is more than adequate in my mind and is, in some ways, herculean. Its truly a labor of love we all benefit from. :) Thanks Eric!

RMA is not an option, and ASUS doesn't troubleshoot that's why it simply replace devices.
Also I can't consider it a device issue if any other firmware version works just fine.
I'm sorry that RMA is not an option for you. Asus does a lot of troubleshooting I went through over an hour of telephone interrogation. Oh and my router worked real good with the previous version as well so I don't buy that as a positive at all. Just a heads up is all my friend. It worked for me.

EDIT: Asus replaced my router as a policy decision.

dave14305 posted how in the Beta thread. You just add the following to /jffs/configs/cake-qos.conf.add:
Bash:
ULOPTIONS="$ULOPTIONS ack-filter"
I now just use this: :)
1616107229742.png

Last edited:
Apologies if this has already been covered; getting these intermittent log messages. No idea what it relates to.

Also had an issue where A.QoS (FlexQoS) and CAKE were both running at the same time.

Code:
4 rateset:00175f4c
Mar 18 23:12:28 kernel: CONSOLE: 088090.962 ppr_get_vht_mcs: Failed ppr_t:0046d728 BW:2 Nss:1 mode:0 TX_Chain:4 rateset:00175f4c
Mar 18 23:12:30 kernel: CONSOLE: 088093.414 ppr_get_vht_mcs: Failed ppr_t:0046d728 BW:2 Nss:1 mode:0 TX_Chain:4 rateset:00175f3c
Mar 18 23:12:31 kernel: CONSOLE: 088093.967 ppr_get_vht_mcs: Failed ppr_t:0046d728 BW:2 Nss:1 mode:0 TX_Chain:4 rateset:00175f3c
Mar 18 23:12:31 kernel: CONSOLE: 088094.146 ppr_get_vht_mcs: Failed ppr_t:0046d728 BW:2 Nss:1 mode:0 TX_Chain:4 rateset:00175f4c
Mar 18 23:12:33 kernel: CONSOLE: 088095.628 ppr_get_vht_mcs: Failed ppr_t:0046d728 BW:2 Nss:1 mode:0 TX_Chain:4 rateset:00175f3c
Mar 18 23:12:33 kernel: CONSOLE: 088095.663 ppr_get_vht_mcs: Failed ppr_t:0046d728 BW:2 Nss:1 mode:0 TX_Chain:4 rateset:00175f4c
Mar 18 23:12:33 kernel: CONSOLE: 088095.825 ppr_get_vht_mcs: Failed ppr_t:0046d728 BW:2 Nss:1 mode:0 TX_Chain:4 rateset:00175f4c
Mar 18 23:12:35 kernel: CONSOLE: 088097.668 wl1: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: 44:07:0b:cb:de:7d: Failed. status 37 wsize 64 policy 1
Mar 18 23:12:36 kernel: CONSOLE: 088098.663 wl1: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: 44:07:0b:cb:de:7d: Failed. status 37 wsize 64 policy 1

My implementation does use wash on the ingress, largely because of Comcast's screwy handling of DSCP.
I may be the last to realize this, but the washing happens AFTER the traffic is put into tins. I wrongly assumed it was washing the DSCP before tin classification.

I don't think this changes the preference for washing incoming DSCP and using besteffort on ingress, but I'm sharing my new learning anyway. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!