What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have been running 386.2_beta2 smoothly with full factory reset on AiMesh Nodes (2 x RT-AC86U) and Router (RT-AX88U) for over a day.

I observed a small problem on the display of VPN Status Page for my IPSec Server.

Shows IPSec Server Enabled with an active connection from my MacBookPro:
IPSec Server.png

Shows VPN Status Page not displaying IPSec Server Status
VPN Status.png

PS: OpenVPN Server Status will show correctly if I have an active OpenVPN connection.

I mostly need general feedback in that case, in particular with the webui, like the Wireless Log.

Dirty upgrade 386.2_b1 to b2 ... flawless as far as I can tell - but noted you may be interested in feedback on the Wireless Log [perhaps for another model?].

It's something I rarely use ... but I can confirm that on my RT-AX86U main router - the webgui Wireless Log only reflects wireless devices connected to the Aimesh main router and does not show any connected to the AiMesh node/s [closed source I assume - so no worries].

Network Map correctly reflects all wired and wireless devices no matter which node they are connected to [periodically refreshes when open].
Cake-Qos baked in works superbly - triple A+ on DSL - plus thrown everything but the kitchen sink at it ... with simultaneous Zoom / Skype / WhatsApp / YouTube streaming / huge file downloads through 8 devices [4 wired and 4 wireless].

{ThumbsUp} :D

sorry does this beta fix this logs :

Mar 22 15:09:01 kernel: 88:6A:XX:xx:xx:xx not mesh client, can't update it's ip

it is flooding the logs in the router or anyway to fix this ?

sorry does this beta fix this logs :

Mar 22 15:09:01 kernel: 88:6A:XX:xx:xx:xx not mesh client, can't update it's ip

No.

it is flooding the logs in the router or anyway to fix this ?

They're not flooding my logs, but I do see them frequently. I'm not aware of a fix but if you come across a fix, please do share. A short search across the internet shows that it is present in wide range of ASUS routers, all the way up to the GT-AX11000, so it'll probably need to be fixed by ASUS.

No.

They're not flooding my logs, but I do see them frequently. I'm not aware of a fix but if you come across a fix, please do share. A short search across the internet shows that it is present in wide range of ASUS routers, all the way up to the GT-AX11000, so it'll probably need to be fixed by ASUS.
I made a scribe filter for them, and dump them into aimesh.log

WARNING: Issues with DNSFilter combined with IPv6 on. I did not quite get to the bottom of it yet.
Dirty upgrade with the above settings made my router unreachable (appears DHCP not assigned to my workstation).
Factory reset and going through settings one by one as per my script was going ok until I reached the point when both DNS filter and IPv6 settings re on.
Going through second a factory reset and reconfigure now. Going to leave DNS fliter off.

It seems that the 386.2 doesn't have any security enhancement or new features,...NAT acceleration is what I need....will skip to the next version

WARNING: Issues with DNSFilter combined with IPv6 on. I did not quite get to the bottom of it yet.
Dirty upgrade with the above settings made my router unreachable (appears DHCP not assigned to my workstation).
Factory reset and going through settings one by one as per my script was going ok until I reached the point when both DNS filter and IPv6 settings re on.
Going through second a factory reset and reconfigure now. Going to leave DNS fliter off.
5 posts up: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-386-2-beta-is-now-available.71038/post-675555

Apologies in advance, I have what is probably a stupid question, but I have lost track. Is Guest Network 1 distributed to the AiMesh nodes with intranet access disabled expected to work at the moment, or is it still known to be broken?

I've tried and simply switching on the guest network (no clients) on my RT-AX88U caused connectivity issues for my existing 2.4Ghz clients (I think mainly those connected to AiMesh nodes).

Without any guest network I'm also seeing a number of 2.4Ghz clients repeatedly renewing their IP addresses at least every 5 minutes even though I have set my lease value to 12 hours. I have no diagnostic evidence but it still feels as though there might be some strange behaviour somewhere like the firewall.

Last edited:
This command has worked for me: /usr/sbin/ntp -t -S /sbin/ntpd_synced -p pool.ntp.org .. but now that I compare, it doesn't seem to be working for you.

That being said, this NEVER happened to me until 386.2 beta 1 on my main router RT-AX88U, and then on the beta 2 update, it happened on both the AX88U and AX58U. Neither of them came up and were able to sync to ntp like they normally do and I had to run the command I specified above to get it to take. I do run ntpMerlin on the AX88U, not sure if there is a setting in there that might be the issue.
I was able to update manually by running a command also, but I have downgraded now and its the same along with other internet issues so I don't think my issue is with the fw.

It's something I rarely use ... but I can confirm that on my RT-AX86U main router - the webgui Wireless Log only reflects wireless devices connected to the Aimesh main router and does not show any connected to the AiMesh node/s [closed source I assume - so no worries].
I have no way of accessing this information. The Wireless Log retrieves its connection list directly from the wireless driver itself.

It seems that the 386.2 doesn't have any security enhancement or new features,...
There's a whole new GPL from Asus containing multiple fixes of all kinds, SDK updates for many of the newer models, plus a number of fixes of my own as well.

..NAT acceleration is what I need....
Just don't use Cake then.

This is great news @RMerlin. I assume Beta 3 is the target for this fix then?
Either Beta 3 or final release, depending on the result of the current beta cycle.

I have no way of accessing this information. The Wireless Log retrieves its connection list directly from the wireless driver itself.

There's a whole new GPL from Asus containing multiple fixes of all kinds, SDK updates for many of the newer models, plus a number of fixes of my own as well.

Just don't use Cake then.

Either Beta 3 or final release, depending on the result of the current beta cycle.
Sadly still no fix to router speed tests when TrendMicro enabled. How hard can it be?

My No-IP DDNS appears to be functioning correctly but the following is periodically appearing in the log. Thought it was worth a mention in case it's relevant to any other issue being raised here. Clients connected to the 2.4 Ghz guest network are also losing internet connection periodically. The main WIFI networks have been stable.

xxxxxx.ddns.net:Verify error:Fetching http://xxxxx.ddns.net/.well-known/acme-challenge/5ECtNEI4ITZo1lSL1dXlvWXRKI30dBccU--K-wSW-ss: Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)

There is a fix, turn off Trend Micro

Sadly still no fix to router speed tests when TrendMicro enabled. How hard can it be?

Why bring that up in here though? That's on Asus to fix, so might want to complain in their threads. But it doesn't affect client speed test from what I have noticed, so does it really matter that much?

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY - MERLIN UPDATE MADNESS...
well, maybe. I won't be holding my breath.
Ahh...fond memories of radio and TV ads from a distant past (and likely a geographic/regional thing): perhaps it explains why you haven't received more Likes just yet.
On a more serious note, I too have noted the tendency for significant builds to drop on the weekends (which is a good thing in most cases).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!