What's new

AV2 1200 powerline products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Damn I just purchased the TP-Link 6010Kit now this is coming out. You can never keep up with technology. Thanks for the info.

It seems like there are many of these obscure manufacturers (obscure to me at least) churning out products with the latest chipsets. I'd speculate that they don't do much independent Q&A, testing, customization or documentation.

Gigafast has models based on the new Broadcom and Qualcomm mimo chips.
Then there's Tenda which sells a P1000 model based off some unspecified Broadcom chip (http://www.tenda.cn/tendacn/product/show.aspx?productid=487).

FRITZ!Powerline has a 1000 model which seems to be out now. The company is pretty well known in Europe. There's a review in German of that new model (http://www.teltarif.de/avm-fritz-powerline-1000e-adapter-test-preis-mimo/news/56405.html). It seems like it is already available for purchase on Amazon (http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00M8XPA7U/).

Good luck, and do share if you actually find something that's actually on sale!

Last edited:
Kinda cool, like the power pass though but I gotta say, those are flat out ugly looking wall outlets and why do they put them halfway up the wall..:)

At least whatever you plug into them will stay put, unlike the US style outlets which can't even support the weight of a lamp cord... ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Before you ask... it gets that rate by using the 2 to 86 MHz bandwidth and MIMO vs. 2 to 68 MHz for the 1.2 Mbps AV2 MIMO adapters.

Would the wider bandwidth make the connection easier to get interfered by other electronic appliances? and thus a less stable connection /reduction in connection range?

if there are no obvious disadvantages, why not all manufacturers adopt the wider bandwidth?

Would the wider bandwidth make the connection easier to get interfered by other electronic appliances? and thus a less stable connection /reduction in connection range?

if there are no obvious disadvantages, why not all manufacturers adopt the wider bandwidth?
The wider band means more possible carriers to interfere with. But it also means more carriers to work around interference sources.

The wider bandwidth chipsets are just becoming available. And, like any other networking products, you will see multiple price / performance points.

Any ETA's on this? Looking to possibly do a wired bridge utilizing the TPL-421E2K Powerline

Am I missing any of the announced MIMO products for the US market?

Netgear PL1200 -- Q1 Availability, $79.99 MSRP
Netgear PLP1200 -- Q1 Availability, $89.99 MSRP, passthrough outlet
TP Link TL-PA8030 -- Q3 Availability, no pricing information
TP Link TL-PA8030P -- Q3 Availability, no pricing information, 3 ports, passthrough outlet
TRENDNet TPL-420E2K -- Shipping in February, $99.99 MSRP
TRENDNet TPL-421E2K -- Shipping in March, $109.99 MSRP, passthrough outlet
ZyXEL PLA5405 -- Launched as a NewEgg exclusive @ $149 MSRP

I figure the ZyXEL will come down in price to match the others once the NewEgg exclusivity ends. Any idea whether they're all going to be using the same chipset? Or will there be both Broadcom and Qualcomm solutions?

Last edited:
Getting closer

I've been monitoring Newegg for US availability of the new adapters.

The Netgear PLP1200 has had a page created on Newegg for about 2 weeks, but the product is listed as out of stock. It also can't be located by browsing the product listings; you have to search for it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122673&cm_re=PLP1200-_-33-122-673-_-Product

Just this morning, I saw that the Trendnet TPL-420E2K has a product page and is listed in the main product listings under the powerline network adapater category. It has "Release date: 02/24/2015" prominently displayed.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833156493

Also, not listed in the products above, D-link announced they will be coming out with an AV2 "2000Mbps" MIMO adapter, and an AV2 1000Mbps SISO adapter later this year.
Information from CNET
D-Link's official page for the MIMO adapter
D-Link's official page for the SISO adapter

D-Link DHP-701AV -- Q1 Availability, $129.99 MSRP
D-Link DHP-601AV -- Q1 Availability, $79.00 MSRP

Last edited:
Also, not listed in the products above, D-link announced they will be coming out with an AV2 "2000Mbps" MIMO adapter, and an AV2 1000Mbps SISO adapter later this year.
Information from CNET
D-Link's official page for the MIMO adapter
D-Link's official page for the SISO adapter

D-Link DHP-701AV -- Q1 Availability, $129.99 MSRP
D-Link DHP-601AV -- Q1 Availability, $79.00 MSRP

I'm very interested in the "2000 Mbps" model. Does anyone have any additional information on them? Are they considerably different than the already released zyxel 1200?

I'm very interested in the "2000 Mbps" model. Does anyone have any additional information on them? Are they considerably different than the already released zyxel 1200?

The Zyxel's are based on Qualcomm Atheros chips capable of a maximum PHY rate of 1000 mbps. The D-Link is based on a Broadcom chip, that has not yet appeared in any widely available shipping product, capable of a maximum PHY rate by utilizing a wider frequency band.

At this point, there's no reviews I've seen on any products based on the newer Broadcom chip so there's no guarantees that it will actually be any faster in real world scenarios.