What's new

AXE16000 Can't get ipv6 working (Frontier Fiber)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Here in SE NH we have a similar issue with Consolidated Communications/Fidium. Same type of situation - CC/F bought out Fairpoint who had bought Verizion"s VT-NH-ME landline business.

In our town CC ran all new fiber in 2021, we had a PPPoE 1st year (1Gb service, Zyxel router) but no ipv6. Last year CC migrated us over to Fidium (what their home fiber division is now), DHCP instead of PPPoE, used my Asus AX86U, still no ipv6. Upgraded to 2Gb service this year, bought an Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX6000, still no ipv6. CC/F says they hope to deploy it in 2024.

Sounds like even though Frontier says you have ipv6, you don't.

sam

From what you say, I surmise that your main WAN Connection Type (in the WAN section of the Router GUI) is "PPPoE". If that is the case, then you should indeed set ipv6 as "Native". My main WAN Connection Type is "Automatic IP", and therefore I'm supposed to set it to passthrough. See the ASUS FAQ on the subject.

Interesting. My WAN Connection is set to "Automatic IP" and the IPv6 type is "Native" in the router. It's been working fine for months now. According to the folks on the AT&T forum, when the Residential Gateway is set to "Passthrough", the RG simply forwards on whatever public IP addresses it gets to the router. That appears to be what's happening for both IPv4 and IPv6 in my config. That does appear to be in conflict with ASUS instructions, but, in my case as they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!