What's new

Best dual-stream simultaneous dual-band N600/N750 router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

urik

Occasional Visitor
Hey guys,

I'm due for a router upgrade. Currently running the Uverse 2wire 3800hgv G router-hate it... I had a previous post and someone recommended I get the Amped Wireless r20000g. That's a good router, but I'm starting to think that spending that much money on a last-gen router (right as AC will be leaving draft and top-notch AC routers will be hitting the market) may not be the best course of action for future-proofing myself. Perhaps it's wiser to get a cheaper N600/N750 router for a year or so until the AC routers mature. What do you guys think? Any recommendations? I read that Asus is great b/c they support their products with firmware upgrades for a long time (which isn't the case with Netgear, Cisco/Linksys, and the others). But I can't find an Asus model that seems to have dual-stream and simultaneous dual-band.

Can you guys recommend me a good N600/N750 router with dual-stream and simultaneous dual-band technology?

Kinda stuck. Thanks!

Would your client devices benefit from 5GHz? Or from the immature 802.11ac?

You can re-purpose WiFi router(s) to be APs and save a lot of money.

Beware getting duped into buying a high power WiFi router but range remains limited by the transmitter power of the client devices.
"You can hear me but I can't hear you" said the high power router.