What's new

Best way to extend a wireless network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

darkwyrm

New Around Here
I'm a PC tech working toward my Network+ and our shop has run into problems with extending signal for home wireless networks. Still new here, so please be forgiving if I break etiquette. :p

For home and small business wireless range issues, typically we have dropped a TP-Link 850RE range extender in place and called it a day, but there have been a small but significant percentage of customers having problems with dropped connections. Having researched different extenders, I can't find any particularly compelling alternatives... just seemingly more of the same stories with different manufacturers and models.

Sometimes running cable and adding an AP just isn't feasible for one reason or another, so what are reasonable options that have decent reliability?

The linked article was very helpful. Thank you very much! I've got much more reading to do that I'm looking forward to. Love SNB! :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!