What's new

Beta 374.501

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Strange behaviour upgrading from 454 to 501: under windows 8.1 both IE and firefox 26 were unable to complete the upload of the firmware: the upload sopped after fiew seconds (approximately 10). Same behavior from firefox and chrome under Linux, only konqueror was able to complete the upgrade procedure. Anybody else had a similar problem?

For the time being no problems with the 2.4 GHz band, not yet tested the 5 GHz one.

I was on firmware 371 since it came out and my 2 usb drives showed up in my PCs Network, my mobile devices under samba and aicloud. Then today I noticed TR-AC68U under Network (win 7) was gone. My mobile devices and aicloud can see it, but my PCs no longer have access to them via Network. Tried everything, disconnecting, rebooting, reconnecting, rebooting my 3 PCs. Then I updated to the 501 firmware, same thing. No issues with it other than no access via PCs to my USB drives on the router. Ideas?

I can't find 454 anywhere, anyone has a link to the build? Found it!

I had the same problem and spent a lot of Internet time trying to find an answer. I finally went back to using Merlin's 35_4, that works fine for me but all the asus firmware give me the same problem as you stated. If you want I can email you a copy of firmware 454.

Is posted in the Asus download site for RT-Ac68U.
ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.501
Fixes:
1. Improved 2.4Ghz speed for handheld devices.
2. Fixed UI issues in OpenVPN manual client settings.
3. Changed VPN client FAQ link.
4. Fixed port forwarding issues in dual WAN, load balanced mode.
5. Fixed dual WAN UI issues.
6. Updated descriptions in VPN server.
7. Fixed issue with VPN client unable to get DNS response.
8. Fine tuned the CTF settings.

IPv6
1. IPv6 now allows LAN stateful auto configuration while DHCP-PD enabled.
2. Fixed DHCPv6 related issues.

Additions:
1. Added RSSI/PSM/SGI/STBC information in wireless log.
File Size 28,1 (MBytes) 2013.12.20 update

yesterday night i used download manager to download few things overnight.. now in the morning i tried to check what is the download progress and what all is downloaded.. but..

1. i am not able to access router admin page.. chrome keeps message ""waiting for 192.168.1.1"... :( not even download manager page on 192.168.1.1:8081

2. none of the shared drives are accessible.. :(

3. wan is working, i am able to browse net..

4. same behavior from PC and all the mobile devices (cant access router admin page and none of shared drives but wan is working)

i am no networking expert, but i tried if i can ping this 192.168.1.1 and below is what i get..

ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 22 07.07.jpg

then i tried pinging to :80

ScreenHunter_03 Dec. 22 07.23.jpg

which means something seems wrong on the web port?.. i dont wish to understand that now the solution is to power off and on the router.. this is market released product and being used in production environment and i am tired of switching off and on this thing for various reasons like harddrive getting recognized.. is there no way to connect with this now without restart? whats the point if we need to restart, it should function when we need it to..

Last edited:
i am no networking expert, but i tried if i can ping this 192.168.1.1 and below is what i get..

View attachment 1747

then i tried pinging to :80

View attachment 1749

which means something seems wrong on the web port?.. i dont wish to understand that now the solution is to power off and on the router.. this is market released product and being used in production environment and i am tired of switching off and on this thing for various reasons like harddrive getting recognized.. is there no way to connect with this now without restart? whats the point if we need to restart, it should function when we need it to..

you don't understand what "ping" is.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d6c8b7b0-9b17-412b-a9e4-a5d2f09550ff/ping-ipaddress-with-port-number?forum=netfxnetcom

if you want to check specific port, try this.

http://www.elifulkerson.com/projects/tcping.php

But my router admin page is still inaccessible. . Anyways I restarted now. . But what was that, why it became inaccessible. .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Can be your antivirus. On nod 32 it is necessary to exclude the router IP from protocol filtering.

Can be your antivirus. On nod 32 it is necessary to exclude the router IP from protocol filtering.

thanks for the effort to help..

i had to restart my AC68U and i could access the router admin page again.. dont know why it was not accessible..

thanks for the effort to help..

i had to restart my AC68U and i could access the router admin page again.. dont know why it was not accessible..

Because you using Beta firmware. Beta means "bugs" and a lot of them. So use it at your own risk.

But my router admin page is still inaccessible. . Anyways I restarted now. . But what was that, why it became inaccessible. .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

It's happened to me several times, nothing that a reboot won't cure, shut it off and restart, but you did that already. Unfortunately, here are still a few annoyances. Some suggest a total reset and reconfigure when you update firmware or when some bugs appear. Such an inconvenience for such an expensive router.

Last edited:
Bought the router yesterday thinking that by this time they should solve most troubles that were plaguing it at the time of the release. Everything seemed to work perfectly even after I upgraded to latest beta. I was actually amazed how stable it seemed and excellent performance. The next morning 5Ghz band degraded. Wow, Asus haven't change, beautiful hardware, premium price with subpar firmware. Goes back where it belongs. Yes, I did reboot and everything went to normal, but I am not prepared to this every day.

I guess I will be rocking R6300v2 until next iterations of AC routers. It's not perfect either, but at least I am not going to be wasting my time with Asus all over again.

Last edited:
Bought the router yesterday thinking that by this time they should solve most troubles that were plaguing it at the time of the release. Everything seemed to work perfectly even after I upgraded to latest beta. The next morning 5Ghz band degraded. Wow, just expensive junk as all latest Asus products. Goes back where it belongs.
I had the EXACT same experience. Really hoping the next release fixes the 5ghz issues. I'm not quite ready to "junk" this router yet, but man the sooner they can make it production ready, the better!

I had problem with 454 upgrade no access to webui.....until I accessed it from my iphone the webui and then all my browsers connected. See if you can access with a phone???

I would revisit it again right before the release of the next model. Perhaps, they'll stabilize the firmware by then.

It's happened to me several times, nothing that a reboot won't cure, shut it off and restart, but you did that already. Unfortunately, here are still a few annoyances. Some suggest a total reset and reconfigure when you update firmware or when some bugs appear. Such an inconvenience for such an expensive router.

The webui inaccessible issue is probably caused by a recent security change did to the firmware. If there are numerous attempts at accessing the router's webui with invalid username/password, then that IP gets blacklisted. The idea is good, unfortunately the implementation is flawed, as anything that tries to access the router's point 80 just to look for the presence of a web interface will trigger that. Rebooting the router or changing the client device's IP address will work - for a while.

Minor bug found with AiCloud.

When using a different port for AiCloud sharing a folder or file the link is wrong and doesn't put the correct port in the link.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Is posted in the Asus download site for RT-Ac68U.
ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.501

I already mentioned in another thread that USB 3 Flash drive 32 Gb does not work. When the drive is in USB slot the router goes to infinite reboot loop.

Mac address

Not sure if this is only in the beta but on the Network Map page LAN MAC address and Wireless 2.4GHz MAC address are the same, and seem to be the WAN MAC address.

Transfer varies a lot..
Moving device drops trasfer to 0 for a sec and then resumes ?
What's wrong ?

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : = "EMPTY" (vpn)
How to make DNS work (resolve names) of local lan computers?

Last edited:
Not sure if this is only in the beta but on the Network Map page LAN MAC address and Wireless 2.4GHz MAC address are the same, and seem to be the WAN MAC address.

This has always been the case all the way back to the RT-N66U original firmware. No idea if it was intended or not.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!