What's new

Bond / Link Aggregation option missing from LAN / Switch Control in UI - 3004.388.6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

deeelock

New Around Here
Apologies if this is a silly question - I've just flashed the latest merlin firmware (3004.388.6) on my ZenWifi XT 12 Pro router and I'm having some trouble with the bond interface that was established previously between my Synology DS220+ NAS and this router with the official ASUS firmware.

For some reason, the Bonding / Link aggregation option is no longer available for me (under LAN -> Switch Control) after flashing the merlin firmware. Is this expected?

I've tried searching the forums, I've seen people in other threads link to the official ASUS docs (https://www.asus.com/au/support/faq/1016088/) but unfortunately that option is no longer showing to me with this firmware.

1707378464612.png

Welcome to the forums @deeelock.

When flashing between stock Asus and RMerlin firmware, you must first flash the firmware you want to use, then perform a full reset to factory defaults.

That is the only way you can expect the installed firmware will be able to see the defaults it requires.

Reset is not going to change what Merlin changed from stock.
I didn't make any changes there. If it's missing, it means it was missing in the GPL version provided by Asus.

I didn't make any changes there. If it's missing, it means it was missing in the GPL version provided by Asus.
I had the same result in that section when changing to your firmware on the XT12.
For some reason Asus does not provide the GPL on the website for the XT12 or I would compare stock and yours.

Welcome to the forums @deeelock.

When flashing between stock Asus and RMerlin firmware, you must first flash the firmware you want to use, then perform a full reset to factory defaults.

That is the only way you can expect the installed firmware will be able to see the defaults it requires.

Thanks for the response.

Just confirming I’ve done a factory reset after flashing the firmware and this page looks the same - only an option for enabling / disabling the spanning tree protocol, no option for bonding / link aggregation.

It locked me out of my Synology NAS as it was still expecting the bond interface to be active.

Appears to be an issue with the XT12 on the Merlin firmware?

After doing the factory reset (what method(s) did you try, btw?), did you import any saved backup config files?

I recommend setting up a new router without any connections at all (including no WAN connection either).

LACP is currently missing on the XT12 build profile. It will be re-added in the next release.