What's new

Buffer Bloat or QOS issue.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheBoatswain

Occasional Visitor
I am not sure if this is a good place for this post but hey For the last three or four updates something changed, I use to get 930 Up and Down with my RT-AC5300 with Merlin’s Firmware, I am running the non beta 384.10-2, and I am getting some horrible buffer bloat. I am not using QOS as I really haven’t figured out how to set it up with the new bottom line. Not sure if it will help. Last night I went to a site recommended to me to test my speed and router, I have Centruylink Gig speed in Washington State my down load was in the green but the fastest I can get is 780 and my Upload was very spastic went up to 4258.05 and it was in the red. Ingame I will be playing smooth andfast then I am stuck in one position while I watch the whole other team come by and shoot me then I fall tothe ground. Yes it is a PPPOE provider and Merlin I looked all over this site like you said to do andcould not find anything that help. Please give me some Ideas, fromreading some stuff some say thatusing QOS may help but I havenever used it before. My wire is using Ethernet Cat6.

Enabled adaptive QoS after you install the freshjr script, for to speedtest.net
Run a speed test there then use 95% of the values in adaptive QoS, then set the overhead for your connection type of any.

Also your might be having a line or modem issue I'd contact your ISP and let them know about it.

My Frontier setup has also gone from an A+ to a B since updating to 384.10_2, and the same on RT-AC86U_384.11_beta1. Maybe it will return to "normal" once the final version is available.

If you need help with the QoS set-up just pm me