What's new

Bug: Brazilian (Brasilia) time DST

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Oceanwatcher

New Around Here
There is a bug in the DST setting for Brasilia. Right now, it says:

DST starts 3 month 2nd Sunday 2 hours
DST ends 10 month 2 Sunday 2 hours

The correct is:

DST starts 10 month 3rd Sunday 0 hours
DST ends 2 month 3rd Sunday 0 hours

From Wikipedia:

DST starts at 00:00 on the third Sunday in October and ends at 00:00 on the third Sunday in February—unless the latter falls during Carnaval: in this case, the end of DST is postponed by one week. Near-past and near-future years in which the end of DST is scheduled to be postponed are 2012, 2015, 2023, 2026, 2034, and 2037.

Those are the defaults, it's up to the user to change the settings for when the time change occurs.

You mean they are the defaults for every country in the world?? This should be on a per zone basis. The whole of the southern hemisphere is different from the default...

If this truly is the default, then it should be marked in red until you change it. I did not even think of it until I started checking my log. I thought the firmware had this part figured out. It is not rocket science :)

tzdata package updates are available and updated fairly often for mainstream linux distro's...

Seems like something that could be scripted and pulled in...

tzdata package updates are available and updated fairly often for mainstream linux distro's...

Seems like something that could be scripted and pulled in...

tzdata updates won't help. It's a mixture of built-in data in the prehistoric uclibc, and built-in tables Asus has hardcoded in the firmware.

The only realistic solution is for user to manually configure the correct start/end dates on the webui.