What's new

[Bug] CPU loading is 100% in core 1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

And how can I enable hardware acceleration if you dont mind me asking?
It should be enabled by default. You can check the initial setting at LAN > Switch Control. But sometimes it cannot be used because of things like QoS. On stock Asus firmware I don't know how you can check whether hardware acceleration is actually being used. On Merlin's firmware he added extra system information which shows the current state.

Its set to auto. QOS is off. So maybe its really in use then...but is it normal 68u not reaching 1000mbps ? max ive seen is 930

I had to reboot the router and now both CPU cores are at ~ 2%. It did break the UI access and the "top" showed this before rebooting it.

Mem: 73920K used, 181804K free, 0K shrd, 400K buff, 12120K cached
CPU: 1.7% usr 1.9% sys 0.0% nic 47.8% idle 47.6% io 0.0% irq 0.7% sirq

Not sure what the "io" have to do in here

Has anyone seen this before?

IO is quite likely related to a USB disk.

IO is quite likely related to a USB disk.
I don't have any USB device connected to the router. Something is not right with the firmware. There is another issue i.e. kernel panic with this firmware. I've reported this to Asus support and asked them to report it to the engineering.

It happened again today on my RT-AC87U router running 3.0.0.4.382_50010 and no UCB disk attached to it. the IO seems to have increased to ~50%. This is impacting the router performance besides pretty sluggish WEB GUI.

@arthurlien - Can you please help to figure out the cause of this problem?

kjx6Uwh.png

5blWqsJ.png

It happened again today on my RT-AC87U router running 3.0.0.4.382_50010 and no UCB disk attached to it. the IO seems to have increased to ~50%. This is impacting the router performance besides pretty sluggish WEB GUI.

@arthurlien - Can you please help to figure out the cause of this problem?

kjx6Uwh.png

5blWqsJ.png
try power cycle by powering off for 30+ sec - 1 min, then hold wps while power on the router till it start blink and release to clean the nvram
it solve similar issue that I experience couple firmware back.

it was persistent regardless how many time I factory reset / reinitialize till I did the powercycle and nvram clean (even though I thoguht I did it already)
hope it helps your case

I have 3+1(the main) routers connect in aimesh, and i find that the main router have one cpu 100% and the other 2 or 3%. And opposite so cpu 2 100% and cpu 1 2 or 3 %. I find that this usually happen after 1 day or restart. So i try different test like disable all the app inside the router, and at last i disable the wifi smart connect (that seems not so smart) and all the issue was solved. Anyone got the same issue? Any suggestion? I would like to continue with the smart connection, but seems due to this issue i cannot use. I also disable MIMO because seems also create problem with 2.4GHz connection. any suggestions? thanks

Looks like the CPU usage spike is being cause by this activity
Code:
nvram: consolidating space!

Can someone from Asus take a look at this?

Thanks

This issue still exists on the latest f/w - 3.0.0.4.382_50702
Sigh...
have you tried what I suggested?
Dont just reset/reinitialize, as I had similar issue and it was not solved after factory reset/reinitialized couple times. It was solved only after I actually power cycle and clear nvram via wps button.
try power cycle by powering off for 30+ sec - 1 min, then hold wps while power on the router till it start blink and release to clean the nvram
it solve similar issue that I experience couple firmware back.

it was persistent regardless how many time I factory reset / reinitialize till I did the powercycle and nvram clean (even though I thoguht I did it already)
hope it helps your case

Yes, I have had done the WPS reset a few times but not sure if it was for this CPU spike issue or the kernel panic issues.

Thanks