What's new

Buggy Rendering on Chrome Desktop

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Biggs

New Around Here
Using OSX 10 running Chrome desktop browser.

1. If I use the regular Chrome browser, I get this rendering error (see screen shot).
2, If I use either Safari or Chrome incognito browser, it renders fine.

What could be causing this rendering error on Chrome regular browser? I tried to pause and unpause adblock but to no avail.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at 12.10.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at 12.10.03 PM.png
    300.5 KB · Views: 400
Have you tried clearing the cache?

Nothing to do with the router - this is all client side - clear cache/history...

Yes, I cleared all cache from the beginning. Removed cookies. Disabled Adblock again. Still the same rendering issues.

Open your browser error console and look for any Javascript error. However if the issue disappears while in Incognito mode, there's a good chance the issue is caused by a browser add-on.

Hi Merlin. Please see attached for the Javascript error. The only browser add-on I have is the AdBlock and the rendering error still happens even if I disable it. I also allowed all cookies for the domain of 192.168.1.1.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 12.16.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 12.16.37 PM.png
    278.5 KB · Views: 378
I can't reproduce it here with Chrome.

That error message is inside a third party Javascript used by Asus and not within Asus's own code, so it makes even less sense to me.

Are you accessing the Guest Network page over Ethernet or Wifi? Enabling/disabling it causes Wifi clients to be temporarily disconnected as the router adds/removes the new network interface.

I've fixed the issue, Merlin. You were right. It was the "EXIF viewer" Chrome extension that was causing the Java Script errors (i.e. rendering issue). I removed it and it is now working as normal. Thanks again for everyone's help!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!