What's new

Can ping/nslookup in terminal, but can't browse?!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ionblue

Occasional Visitor
I upgraded to .43 a few days ago on my N66U and not long after started having issues with my Mac Mini connected via 5G WiFi. It's connected and I can do anything locally on my network AND can even ping/nslookup via terminal - but I can't do anything that requires http. A reboot of my Mini usually gets it working again, but not for too long.

So I downgraded to .42 and am watching it to see if I see this again. I hadn't had the issue before or at least never noticed it.

I don't have any VPN running on either my Mini or the router and have no custom routes or anything anywhere that's I'm aware of. I'm not certain if this is an issue with 10.9.3 or the router or something else entirely, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot this one.

Any ideas on what I should do if this issue comes up again? Anyone seen anything like this?

Apparently whatever was going on had nothing at all to do with the router - or at least that is how it appears. After downgrading and doing several other things on my Mini I had no issues for several days. So I upgraded to the latest build again and still have had no issues.

Must have been something screwy going on on my Mini that I cured with some other maintenance. Good times...

A note: I would have just deleted this thread entirely since it's irrelevant, but I don't seem to be able to do that.