What's new

Cant' Access VPN on iPhone

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

amorak

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

having a really odd problem since my upgrade to the latest release.... When I connect my iphone to my wireless RT-N66u, it cannot connect to any VPN services, using either the PIA app or the openvpn app... However as soon as I go to LTE, it works fine... So something on my router settings is blocking my ability to access the VPN on wireless...

However it works fine on my PC?!!? Super odd - PC attached to the same router can run the PIA app and connect no problem....

Any thoughts?

Been working with vpn a lot recently so will ask some basic questions:
Maybe the router f/w upgrade requires a reset to factory defaults and re-setup of the router?
Can you ping the vpn server from your phone?
Can you telnet to the vnp port and connect to the server with your phone?
Does the PIA app produce a log you can see on the phone?

Just some ideas...

-gene

FYI - really odd issue but I figured it out. If I have the Traffic Manager - QoS set to Traditional QoS, the iphone won't connect to any VPN.

I got around it by adding a manual Q0S rule that gives the phone highest priority to any port for a few mbps, and it connects! Super odd....

Hope this helps anyone else struggling with a device that won't connect to their VPN service...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!