What's new

Can't login asus rt-ac68p

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

toejam

Occasional Visitor
Just got my new Asus rt-ac68p yesterday and spent about 4 hours getting it up and running with rmerlin. Configured 25 port forwarding ports and about 38 dedicated ip address reservations. Had to move the router to a new location this morning so turned the router off, unplugged it, relocated the router, turned it on and now I can not log into the router. The username and password are ok, simply get no indication that the login info is incorrect, it simply refreshes the login screen, waiting for me to login.

Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

ok, I got to log back in (kinda) by doing this:

i looked at my browsing history and selected one of the router config pages from the browsing history and that brought up that correct page on the router.
Selected another page and the screen went back to the login page.
Again, from the browsing history, I selected the Administration->System page and that page came up. I put in the same old password and retyped it and it took me to the login page.
Now I can view the pages from my browsing last night, but, still can't login.

Help??

Few easy things, of course clear the browser cache, try a different browser.

If you were smart enough to enable ssh, then you could always pull your username/password from NVRAM and likely even reset it....

Looks like I can view everything except the map page, when I select it the login page shows up and doesn't go to any other page. I can go back to the browsing history and pull up other pages, just not the map page.
I did not setup ssh, didn't feel I needed to dive into the guts. Perhaps I was incorrect.