What's new

Cant login router.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

john woo

New Around Here
Since I build this new PC with AMD 3700X and for some reason I cant login the router. I always get "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT"
Tried different browser, clear cache, reset network adapter, turned off firewall/antivirus, using http://router.asus.com, cut the power from router for over 1H and reinstalled nwetwork card drivers.
Weird is I can login the router with mine phone/tablet/Old PC. Just this new PC I cant login.
I dont wants to reset the router yet until find out the reason I cant login on this new PC but can on others devices?

Update:
Problem solved. Router setting that only allow specific IP adress to login. Totally forgot it.

Last edited:
First I would try to connect the PC on a different router (friend/familiy/neighbour) to check whether fault is on PC side.
Connection via LAN or Wifi?

Update:
Problem solved. Router setting that only allow specific IP address to login. Totally forgot it.

Lesson learned the hard way )) That is why I always have 2 different devices set for router login.