What's new

Cavalry CAND3004T04

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No feedback after 100 views? Even at least some comment whether the brand is okay? Price already went up since I posted asking for advice.

I'm not familiar with the brand. Maybe there are some reviews online? I haven't found one for the actual device, but there are a lot of reviews concerning the brand here: http://www.retrevo.com/samples/Cavalry-Storage.html#reviews

After searching a lot myself, I have decided to go for a second hand pc solution, and to use that as a NAS / file server with some added capabilities. When I was looking into that option, I also found that building a system yourself (or having one built by your friendly neighbourhood pc shopkeeper) is not all that (more) expensive. If you are using the system to back up important files, related to your job, that might just be a better option.

And as others have repeated before: don't rely on just one system for back-up ;-).

I'm not familiar with the brand. Maybe there are some reviews online? I haven't found one for the actual device, but there are a lot of reviews concerning the brand here: http://www.retrevo.com/samples/Cavalry-Storage.html#reviews

After searching a lot myself, I have decided to go for a second hand pc solution, and to use that as a NAS / file server with some added capabilities. When I was looking into that option, I also found that building a system yourself (or having one built by your friendly neighbourhood pc shopkeeper) is not all that (more) expensive. If you are using the system to back up important files, related to your job, that might just be a better option.

And as others have repeated before: don't rely on just one system for back-up ;-).
Well it depends,i think that more than one backup device for home users are overkill.About that NAS...i dont know the brand,Why the heck are you so interested on a unknown brand with some many brands from what to choose?

Last edited:
Well it depends,i think that more than one backup device for home users are overkill.About that NAS...i dont know the brand,Why the heck are you so interested on a unknown brand with some many brands from what to choose?

Because it was pre-built and only $560 at one point. I never said I HAD to have that brand, but for the price it seemed like a decent buy. The only thing I couldn't find were any reviews.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!